Universal Pixel People - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skinnyceps

skinnyceps New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Now he has started to work! :D

2. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    do I need paths, or are they aesthetic? I cannot tell if it is like Sim City where they need paths between buildings to travel or not for the game.

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    iCloud is working for me. iPhone 5 + iPad 2. Haven't updated to the latest iOS update quite yet.

4. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #124 TRB4, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Paths are just for aesthetics and/or organization. On the plus side paths and waterways do not count towards land usage.

5. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    I find them to be very useful mostly just for the fact that they allow you to better organize the city :p I started out just haphazardly putting buildings down, but they got really hard to individually click in some cases, making some nice grids with roads helped solve that issue.

6. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    What does the Double Time IAP do? I assume that it cuts all timers by 50%, is that correct? Also, what building has Double Time and what combination unlocks it?

7. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    I find paths pretty useful to segregate the businesses that do stuff from the businesses that don't, too. Like the one that gives you a premium currency every day, I'd totally forget it if it was in a mess of other buildings.

Interested to hear if anyone's worked out how to change houses for other houses, it's not worth keeping the rubbish ones around when there are better land:resident ratios available.

Really needs a fix for the irritating "go to town hall" thing, too. It seems to be interpreting drags as taps about 95% of the time and bringing menus up. Also needs to stop closing what I'm doing to give me a new job notification, wait until I'm out of whatever screen I'm in. Also needs some optimisation somewhere because it is KILLING my battery. I've played a fair bit, obviously, but it's way worse than the performance I'd expect for the time.

Still, aside from the badly-done pixel style, I pretty much love it.

8. ilStugots

ilStugots Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Somebody please expand on this.

9. Kuroiteiken

Kuroiteiken Member

Jul 31, 2010
    i've encountered a problem. when i start game, it says loaded from icloud and i tapped for start game. after that it welcomes me and crash.
    I've deleted game and iCloud data's. and reinstalled game. but it still gives me this problem.

I added an Image before game crash. I cant find where i'd tap.

10. tanithfirst

tanithfirst Member

Dec 6, 2010
    IT tech monkey
    Milton Keynes
    First of all let me say that this game is currently eating so much of my day its scary! And I'm supposed to be working too! :)

Second, can someone help me with waterways please? I have completed the Lakehouse and it tells me I can add waterways from the Landscape menu, but I can't see anything for waterways in there...!?! I haven't got paths yet - I assume I'm just missing the right building/occupation for that though

Thanks in advance :)

11. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Waterways are in the Paths menu. Perhaps you need to have Roadways available first. To unlock Roadways you need a
    Construction Yard
    , to unlock the
    Construction Yard
    you need to make a
    Mechanical Engineer
    , to make a
    Mechanical Engineer
    you need to combine a
    Mechanic
    and an
    Engineer

12. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Hmm, I have roads but not waterways...

Also, they need to let us rotate the buildings around! (Unless I mislooked and there's is a way)

13. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    To unlock Waterways:

You need a
    Lakehouse
    , to get a
    Lakehouse
    you need to make a
    Fishmonger
    , to make a
    Fishmonger
    you need to combine a
    Farmer
    and a
    Plumber

14. tanithfirst

tanithfirst Member

Dec 6, 2010
    IT tech monkey
    Milton Keynes
    Thanks for the info - not sure how I've managed to overlook that combo for so long... Too much fun experimenting I think :)

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    TA just gave this 5-stars, but im not a fan of simulation games. You guys think this game will change my mind? I did have a bit of a good time with Dungeon Village, probably coz the genre/theme clicked with me.

16. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I tried both Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes and couldn't get into either of them. I already know that I'll be spending quite a bit of time with Pixel People. Lovely little game.

17. guitarman85

guitarman85 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    I have the same issue :( iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1 (latest). I've also deleted and reinstalled to no avail

18. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    For the love of god fix the notification bug. I turned them all off in the setting but it keep popping up nonstop and I can't turn it off. Deleting till fixed. Annoying as hell

19. prayforthewind

Apr 21, 2010
    Did you try deleting iCloud Save Data of Pixel People? Worked for me.

20. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Oh thanks :)
    But I don't have a plumber yet :S