[ask] any iphone game close to DOTA gameplay

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by stohay3, May 29, 2009.

1. stohay3

stohay3 Member

May 29, 2009
    Anyone know if there is upcoming game that has gameplay like DOTA. I think it would fit iphone control really well. thanks

2. DonD_GT

DonD_GT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Ok, I'll bite. What does DOTA stand for?

3. stohay3

stohay3 Member

May 29, 2009
  4. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    iPhone DotA?
    Not happening, you'd have to first have some sort of decent way to play RTS on the device itself, then incorporate multiplayer.

5. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

I'm not aware of any games that currently do it, but it's something I've thought about. It's very possible on iPhone; the gameplay and controls are really pretty basic. They already have RTS on iPhone, and since DotA is hero-centric, it's actually much easier than a full RTS where unit management is the biggest hurdle.

There are similar Flash DotA-type games. Only a matter of time before we see one on iPhone. A mutliplayer enabled one would sell like hotcakes.

6. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    The game i'm working on. Quantum Collapse has a hero level similar to DoTA with some elements of combat of world of warcraft. If people like the style i might make an entire game out of that concept.

7. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Well not DOTA, but if your looking for a Warcraft 3-like game, get Stragea. Amazing. Only 2 bucks.

8. stohay3

stohay3 Member

May 29, 2009
    ~

I think it wont be too hard since dota is more like diablo control wise.

9. tabas1

tabas1 Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Maybe S2 games will make one after they have HoN all ready to go.

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I feel you, man.

11. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
  12. lord2035

lord2035 New Member

I have come out with a good idea and whether if any good games software makers can come out with this popular game for iPhone - iPhone DotA AllStars.

[​IMG]
    How to out DotA into iPhone? I have created the interface as per below.

The controls are in the left and right side of the iPhone screen. All the buttons for :Move, Stop, Attack and hero upgrades are placed on the left side. All the execution of the 4 skills are placed on the right side of the screen. Saying that, it means you need 2 hands to play this game with controls on both side. Next question is how to move? It will be quite difficult to keep pressing onto the small screen everything. What is special about iPhone? The ability to detect balance. The hero can be navigated using the balancing.

Whenever the hero can upgrade the level, just click on the upgrade and skills icon. Shopping can be easily. typically you will move near the items shops, click the desired shops and buy whatever with a click. Escaping the shop can be done easily with a esc icon. If you happen to purchase an ability item, just drag the item to the right to create an additional icon for the skills. You may also preset the skills using a hit shake of the iphone. Upon a hard shake, your hero will executive the ultimate skill. Why i suggest this move? The reason is that every split second counts and it means life and death in this real-time game.

Communication can be done high tech. Instead of typical in PC DotA, the communication will be done via voice. This will make the game more realistic and exciting. During the PC version, sometimes while typing, we are not able to play the game, therefore causing jeopardy to ourselves. Using voice communication, we can play with ease and continuously.

That is as near as dota that i can think of.

13. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Defense of the Ancients

14. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Defense Of The Ancients.

15. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Are you two retarded?

16. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    #17 Bdragonst, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
    AYTR... what?

DOTA stands for Declaration Of The Americas on Diabetes

17. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Defense of the Ancients

18. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    What was the point in that?

Your one of the people that doesn't have a life and spends all his time on internet forums, randomly insulting people to make himself feel better.

What's that? I think mum's prepared dinner, you better hurry! WOW can wait. Try leaving her basement for once, ok. Cheers babycakes.

19. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Hodapp.....will you stop banning these people....He's right...I need to insult people to feel good. How will I feel good today?