MonsterKill from Origin8 - featuring the cutest carnage ever. Submitted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Repair Drone, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repair Drone

Repair Drone Well-Known Member

#1 Repair Drone, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    Hi all,

Do you like monsters? Do you like killing monsters? If so, I think we might have a game for you...

[hqyoutube]f_7yrFbNZdM[/hqyoutube]​

MonsterKill from Origin8 (Sentinel, Car Mania) has been submitted to Apple and is now in approval. Here are the highlights of the app description:
    Here's a closer look at MonsterKill's super-satisfying gestural spellcasting! Simply draw a symbol as depicted in image A, and the chosen spell zaps the unliving heck out of the critters, as seen in image B:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

As you progress you'll earn upgrade tokens - spend them at the shop to customise your powers:

[​IMG]

We expect MonsterKill to launch at the $0.99/£0.59/€0.79 price point. Enjoy!

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Neat!

Reminds me of joke.

There's this guy who has a monster, and one day someone comes knocking on his door, trying to sell magazine subscriptions. Guy thinks to himself about how annoying these type of people are, invites the man in and issues the commands, "Monster rise! Monster forward! Monster kill!" and it did.

Couple of days later, his landlord shows up asking for overdue rent. Remembering how well things last time he invites the landlord in on the pretext of getting his checkbook, but again says, "Monster rise! Monster forward! Monster kill!"

"Wow!" the man starts talking to himself, "This is great! Now all I have to do to avoid anything is to say, Monster rise! Monster forward! Monster kill!"

:)

3. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    this game looks awesome..........lol

4. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Looks quite interesting. Now please post that video asap :)

5. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Yes please the video asap.........lol:D:D:D:D:D

6. Repair Drone

#6 Repair Drone, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    Rendering and exporting the video has taken a little longer than planned. Edit: So of course it goes up 30 seconds after I post this...

7. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    wow lol...

8. Repair Drone

And just as I posted that, the video arrives :p

[hqyoutube]f_7yrFbNZdM[/hqyoutube]​

9. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    love this idea. art and graphics are very clean and polished from what i can see. as long as there is good game content i should be playin this when it hits the app store.

10. Grouick

Grouick Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Looks fantastic, can't wait :D

11. GrumpyGoblin

GrumpyGoblin Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Grumpyville
    Looks great! Seriously is this only a dollar? Very slick looking app for the price.

12. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    I really like the quality of the characters. Nice job

13. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    This game is great! I tested it, and it is very polished. The controls are intuitive, and they become second nature very quickly. It has AF connectivity, along with acheivements. Some of the acheives are very hard to get. :D

14. Repair Drone

The character design and the spellcasting gestures are the two things that took most hammering out - good to hear it was worth it :) For example, the Fireball gesture used to be a circle, but it felt a bit slow to complete, making the spell seem unresponsive (especially compared to the Lightning Bolt). The up arrow gesture is a lot slicker.

15. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    The video made me lol irl, but it looks really great. I will be buying this title upon drop.

16. Repair Drone

LOLing IRL is a perfectly acceptable reaction to the video! Getting the right balance between cuteness and violence to hit funny and entertaining was a major concern. We'll see if we succeeded when everyone gets their hands on it.

17. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    It is still so much fun, even after ages of playing. Is if actually possible to get the acheivement for onslaught? I got very close once. 1 if you catch my drift. :D

18. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Looks like fun! I like the leveling up system involved. Can't wait for it to be approved!

19. GrumpyGoblin

GrumpyGoblin Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Grumpyville
    Hope Apple hurry up and approve this!

20. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State