Escape from the Pyramid (by Tama Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Alan-C, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    To be honest, I think you can make it, it looks like you have already many followers. True platform gamers will probably like it as it is a very challenging game, candy crush fans maybe less ^^

Edit: unless you switch the gems with candies :D

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Ouch nooooo, please, be one of the rare Devs (imho) who release a new game with perfect controls right off the bat !
    No moaning possible, ever...and you'll make the important best and only one first impression to your gamers...just my two cents

Btw, i immediately liked "escape" under the simple but beautiful icon.

3. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    That is so true! Some devs ruined their games from day one because of poor control, even if they fixed it with updates, they got very poor reviews and that stopped people from buying it, last weekend one dev got a 1 star review on PocketGamers, this is the kind of things you would want to avoid. There was another app called Ronin a few months ago, a very good endless runner, the game could have been game of the week, but because of some bugs, they got 3 stars, they fixed all the bugs very quickly and their game was truly amazing, but I don't think they did as much as they could have.

4. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Still playing! This game is hard. I think I'm just going to start just focusing on beating levels, not diamonds, scarabs, or time.

Found a little glitch on 2-7. After you go over the disintegrating bridge the first time and die, it is invisible for successive lives. Still lets you run on it, but no visual. Here's a picture:

Attached Files:

5. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    Oh, that is disappointing. I thought we had finally managed to get that one fixed!

Back to the board then. Please let me know if it happens again or in other levels!

6. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Beating a level is already a big and very satisfying accomplishment in my books. I must admit that i'm in the same boat as you at this very moment. Yesterday i finished all missions (cleared them all this far) on stage 7 in the 3rd pyramid, and today i'm only glad for finding all diamonds in stage 8. I move on for now, too, but will come back later. You get a lot of gaming time folks, if you want to accomplish all missions.

I don't know about the price, release or final name, but it will be worth it.

7. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    I really want to release before the end of September! I have been relocating recently and lost a significant chunk of time doing it so - do not even have internet at my new place yet - hence the fewer updates. But it is coming!

I should be able to submit a new beta version for those of you guys who have codes - which will fix the 1-9 level as well.

8. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Long time no read...any news ?

9. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    I'm afraid I have neglected this site a bit and put Escape on hold!

We were trying to gather some funds to complete "Stranded" (the other game we had "almost" finished). Finally we closed that deal and got a much needed injection of capital. A nameless person/company whom we had subcontracted for one of our ports basically took the cash and run, leaving us in quite a difficult spot.

But starting to see the end of the tunnel!! And Escape should be coming out very soon - preparing the final screenshots right now!

Additionally, soon after the release we should have two awesome new modes ready as well, a challenge/asynchronous multiplayer and an endless mode : )

10. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I was not able to grab a code to help with beta testing, so I wait with excitement for the release....
    Any idea on the aprox. Date yet?
    Still lookin good!

11. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Oh that's too bad, I know that feeling as I had the same problem with my business, someone just left without paying his due... Anyway good job guys! I am happy you are finally recovering and are now about to finalise this great game!

12. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    It should be in the first half of February : )

13. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    Yeah, this guy just took like half our money reserves and left without delivering. Quite a life lesson!

Here is something for now. One of our concepts for the promo video we are finishing.

Attached Files:

14. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    Submitted to app store : )

15. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Good news.

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Fantastic!!! Will the released version be universal?

17. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    Yes, we are planning on having it worldwide.

18. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    #78 Alan-C, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    Screenshots

Very much looking forward having this released.. it's been a very long road, with the final mile stretching way longer than it should have!

Here are a couple of our final screenshots for the app store!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Dues

Dues Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    Got some flashbacks from Prince of Persia :)
    This looks like it could be lots of fun!

20. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    Prince of Persia has definitely been mentioned before, by a lot of people! I actually did not think about PoP at all when planning this one so was surprised after the first mention.

It is certainly possible the memory from that original one running on my old 286 could be lingering deep in my psyche without me noticing it!