The Nightmare Cooperative by Lucky Frame (Bad Hotel, Wave Trip) - Strategic roguelike

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by NiceDude, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Definitely picking this up. Any word on price?

2. amazingrolo

amazingrolo Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Sound Designer, Maker of things
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    It will be US$3.99.

Glad you're interested!

3. The Nightmare Cooperative by Lucky Frame (Bad Hotel, Wave Trip) - Strategic r...

Guys, let me tell you something : this is Dark Souls but in 2D and for mobile ! Seriously, [emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90]ing great. Need a multiplayer mode to be perfect. And an epic Music in game ! But IT IS the most wanted game of this week, trust me !

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #24 Vovin, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014

Instabuy based on the first sentence.

But... why was this "Nice Dude" suddenly banned after he posted the review? o_O

5. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    NiceDude was Bronxsta. I probably shouldn't talk about Bronxsta's ban; I'd probably end up earning one for myself.

6. Yeah, totally Dark Souls vibes in this game. You must buy it day one to support the devs.

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I knew nothing about the game since some months ago but I'm eagerly anticipating this release.

Can't wait to play it!!!

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Awesome. Love the price.

9. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    It's 301 MB installed on my iPhone 5 and looks gorgeous!

10. This game must be the app of the week or it'll fall in the abyss of Appstore...

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #31 JCho133, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    Interested to hear how you got that

I can't wait. 2nd from the top on my list of anticipated titles for sure. I'm a huge fan of Hoplite and 868, and similar 7DRL style roguelikes. Really love the art style too, it's slightly reminiscent of Journey and some concept art that Kepa posted to the Rocketcat twitter recently.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I am jealous too. :p

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    For a brief but very intense moment I thought the game was already out and searched the AppStore.

No luck :(

Incredibly hyped already.

14. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Well I want to tell you but can't! This a very beautiful game. I haven't played much so I'll wait a little to give a full impression! Too sleepy at the moment!
    So far I haven't seen any IAP or any options to buy it. The dev said there will be an update to this version, so I'm hoping a better version. Although I haven't encountered any bugs yet!

15. amazingrolo

Aug 14, 2012
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    awww <3 <3 <3

thanks for all the encouragement and nice words, everyone. I'm really glad you all are as excited about the release as we are!

our artist (Sean) was playing Dark Souls a bunch during development, so I guess that explains some of the feel :)

a particular thanks to JCho133 for approving of the price...it's always a bit terrifying to put a monetary value on something you've been working on so hard for many months.

also also: I can EXCLUSIVELY REVEAL ON THESE FORUMS that there is no IAP at all in the game. It never occurred to me to confirm that, for some reason.

version 1.1 has been approved by Apple, so that's what will be launching tomorrow night on iTunes. it fixes a bunch of bugs that were in the advance promo version. I'll be submitting v1.11 today with a few more fixes, but that probably won't be approved until after launch.

finally: hooray to GreedPhantom for liking the music, that was my job :)

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    It's always nice to get confirmation in all caps, but I never doubted that there was no IAP :D You guys understand the moral values of game monetization, and know that IAPs could be a rather large smudge on otherwise impeccable game design (and I think you've only used IAPs in only one of your other apps). I can easily see this game's success at the $4 no IAP price point, as long as it's accompanied with a much deserved high profile feature from Apple (much like Threes, Monument Valley, and Wayward Souls got). This almost seems like a culmination of the three, with simple puzzle mechanics, a beautiful minimalist artistic style, and hardcore roguelike gameplay.

Btw, thanks for that heads up Greed, completely forgot to turn my sound up to watch the trailer the few times I have, you guys never cease to amaze me with your music, Wave Trip especially is one of those games who's soundtrack I could just listen to on repeat.

I wish you guys the best of luck with this latest endeavor. Time for me to time travel to 11:00 pm!

17. #37 GreedPhantom, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    The Nightmare Cooperative by Lucky Frame (Bad Hotel, Wave Trip) - Strategic r...

Buy this game. For your own sake all !

18. amazingrolo

Aug 14, 2012
    Edinburgh, Scotland
  19. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012

Not that I'm aware, I believe it's always this early in New Zealand (lucky for them)