Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Games' started by crunc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    That's cool news. I am an absolute sucker for Metroidvanias. I have Shantae: Risky's Revenge on iOS, which I picked up free about three years ago. Never played much beyond the first 20min (old-fashioned saving), but I would definitely give it more love with physical controls on the Switch. Actually, I'll probably get to Shantae anyway, as I am loving Adventures of Pip on iOS - it's superb.

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Was a reason ever given for minecraft on consoles having world limit sizes yet on phones and tablets it being unlimited?

3. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Man playing minecraft and some sshole comes in just to destroy everything sheesh worse thing is he is over 30 yrs old :/

4. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland

I've never played Minecraft, or paid much attention to what it is really. Is that what happens, you spend ages building something and some cockwomble comes along and destroys it? :eek:

5. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Lol yeah thats wat happened but i found u can kick them out but he thought it was hilarious, then this girl came in and shes been awesome with helping so its hard to find the ggod from the bad cuz before u realise it the asswipe has demolished your progress! Thank god for blocking lol

6. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland

Christ almighty, what a complete pain in the buttocks. I didn't realise people could come along and ruin all of your hard work, what a bunch of total nobrockers.

I've always been curious about Minecraft, I just don't know what the actual "game" bit of it is, maybe I'll have to look into it. But I don't think I could be bothered spending all of that time building things in a game after I've spent all day making a game :D

7. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #567 RHess00, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Cockwomble, nobrockers... I'm not sure where you're from TrueBlou but I love your insults. I don't know what they mean but I love them nonetheless.

8. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland

Ha, there's plenty more where those came from. Just wait till I get started on one of my rants :D
    If only I were as good at making games as quaint little colloquialisms, I'd be a rich man :D
    Oh, and Scotland.

9. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Haha il have to remember those insults wen chat works on minecraft for the switch!

Have u released any of your games on AppStore by the way?

10. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland

Aye there's been a few over the years, they rapidly disappear into obscurity but it keeps me occupied. To be fair I mainly do puzzles, because that's what I mostly like to play on my phone, so there hardly the most exciting of things compared to some of the great games that get released on iOS these days.

Latest one comes out next week but I'm throwing out codes to download it early, you're welcome to one if puzzles interest you.

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well I picked up that basketball game its ok so far....

12. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

You can keep people out of your game, do you have it open to the public?

13. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Idk how to do it on the switch?? I cudnt see anything in options?

14. Countess

Countess New Member

May 13, 2017
    teacher
    Greece
    I've never played Minecraft either, so this may sound weird. Isn't the destruction part of the game?

15. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Its more about creation, you have to cause destruction to create meaning break rocks to mine and so forth but not to destroy what someone has spent time making...thats just called being an arsehole.
    So to answer your question no destruction is not part of the game, minecraft is the complete opposite its about creating.

16. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland
    Well it looks like I'm going to have to buy Minecraft and give it a go. As I mentioned before I wanted to buy a Switch for my niece and nephew, but the wife was giving me the glowering "no you won't" stare.

But to hell with that, she's at work so she can't stop me :D I've just bought them a Switch and a few games. Can't wait to see their wee faces.

But that means my nephew will be nagging me even more to play Minecraft with him, so I guess I'll take the plunge and see what all the fuss is about. It's not expensive anyway, so even if I hate it, it's no great loss.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The idea of playing Shovel Knight on a tablet/phone with touchscreen controls makes me cringe. Though to be fair, the non-dpad on the Switch would also make me cringe for this type of game. I'd have to use a pro controller on the Switch for shovel knight. I know some people can play platformers with an analog stick, but for me that's way too imprecise.

18. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    The Switch joycon d-pad honestly doesn't bother me any more. I think it would be more annoying for something like Street Fighter II, as you can't really roll it, but it's absolutely fine for Shovel Knight. I stopped noticing it after the first 10 minutes or so.

I guess if I were also still playing a PS4 or Xbox or something, it would bother me more, but the joycons are the only physical controls I'm currently using.

As for touchscreen controls on platformers, I agree - but I just played through Adventures of Pip on iOS a week or two ago. Initially struggled, but after a few levels I got used to the virtual controls, eventually going for the floating joystick and big opaque buttons. Damn, that is a seriously good platform game.

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I've tried numerous iOS platformers and have never gotten use to the controls. The only ones that really worked for me were the super simple ones that were basically one button runners. And sure some of them look nice, like the Rayman ones, and that are kind of fun, but not really that fun.

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    My Switch is collecting dust just saying...