Castle Conflict 2 - Real Time Strategy [Developer]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BrokenKings, Jul 10, 2012.

1. BrokenKings

BrokenKings Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    #1 BrokenKings, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Castle Conflict 2 is in development with a tentative NOVEMBER release date!

[​IMG]

Features:
    -23 unique units
    -5 generals to command your army
    -Campaign with 25 maps
    -Universal App including iPad Retina support
    -Online multiplayer via GameCenter, including iPhone vs. iPad. Also, GameCenter Achievements
    -iCloud Saves

On Youtube:

We at Broken Kings are working on releasing Castle Conflict 2, a strategy game for iOS (iPhone/iPad and also Mac) where the goal is to defeat the enemy castle before they defeat you. The strategy comes from needing to control the resources in the middle of the battlefield, combat that resolves immediately (goodbye big mess in the middle of the field, hello strategic thinking), a second lane of attack with flying units, and the ability to customize any army of up to 8 units.
    I'm pretty stoked about this because we made the first version of this game three years ago, before iPad, Retina, Game Center, etc... existed so now we get to take advantage of all that stuff + the stuff I've learned since + the beautiful art of Sean Dunkley to make it better than it ever was before.

From a code perspective, the game engine is written including multiplayer and we are working on ai and campaign. From an art perspective, 9/23 units have been created, the campaign assets are coming along, and we have some beautiful character art in development! For example:

[​IMG]

Thanks for taking the time to give us a look, and we hope to be entertaining you soon!

---Links
    -Play the original
    -www.BrokenKings.com

---Old Screenshots
    [​IMG]

2. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    By the way, if any of you are interested in helping us out on IndieGoGo, any donation over $20 will earn you a unique unit* that is not otherwise available. We have other neat donation levels, including some that let you have a say in the game content! :)

We are using the IndieGoGo to
    -pay our audio guy
    -make sure we're able to keep paying our art guy
    -any extra money is going to go to advertising - so that this game gets well enough known that we can keep making content for it.

Because our plan is to keep releasing new campaigns for it and keep creating new units.

* (Don't worry, it's not going to be an overpowered unit, just a nifty one!).

3. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Looks pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing a video of the gameplay.

4. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    Hey Beelzebubble, thanks for the comment! We just need to get in the last two initial roster units and then we'll make the video - graphics already exist so I'll probably be able to get to that tomorrow or this weekend. In the meantime, here's a video we made for Castle Conflict 1 a few years ago, so you can get some sense of where we are going with this this :)

Obviously this version of CC2 is not as full featured as CC1 was at that point but we hope the video will still get the point across.

5. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    As promised, here is a video of the game in action!

It shows all 8 of the initial roster units, which are now implemented...

Now we get to take a break from breaking our backs with more complex issues to get some interfaces in. And then back to making units and preparing the first campaign, which will up the unit count to at least 20! (In CC1, after the first campaign map there were 23 playable units - we are going for about that as well.)

As an aside, we will be looking for beta testers this week - watch this space, we will announce details soon!

6. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    We're thinking of making the game free and including, in the free version, Quickplay mode (which uses the 8 units above) and online multiplayer with those units.

Then, campaign maps will be available at $1.99/equivalent each and each campaign map should come with 15 new units and 15-20 new castles.

We are also toying with the idea, for those who only want to play multiplayer but do not want to play campaign, of selling unit packs for $0.99/equivalent (which would include all the units that would have been unlocked in a specific campaign, but no campaign map).

What do you folks here think? Does this sound like a pricing model that you would support?

7. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    Okay - another point on the price point - I'm the kind of person who likes to just buy a game and get over it. No buying new maps all the time, etc... I think we'll offer that option as well - the "just give me my game" package. It'll start at $1.99 when we have just one campaign map (so it'll be the same as buying the campaign map), go to $3.99 when we have two, and then be $4.99 forever once there are three or more.

It will come with access to all campaign maps we ever release. If we do do unit packs, I don't think they will tie in.

Is this something other people would be interested in or is it just me?

8. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    I'm starting to feel like I'm talking to myself in here :cool:

We're planning on starting beta testing this weekend. If you are interested, please post here or message me, and I will send you a promo code for CC1 and a couple of questions to answer. We are looking for just 5 beta testers for this round, so we will be picking the ones who give us the best answers.

9. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    Character assets for the story have been coming along nicely, as has the plot, world design, etc... some spoilers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

10. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009