IAP Currency, Consumables, Apple Review Questions

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by EleventhLevel, May 23, 2013.

1. Hey guys,

We're working on our first IAP game (not our first iOS / Android game, just first IAP game).

I was wondering how exactly the submission process works for these In-Apps.
    I have submitted the Currency purchases as consumables for review.

Now, my question is do I need to register the items that you purchase with this currency as well for review through Apple?

Example: I purchased 500 in game dollars. Now I want to use those to buy a sword.
    Does that sword need to get a Product ID and all that set up to go through the In-App Review process as well?

Since the only "real" exchange of money is during the currency pack purchase, I wasn't clear.

Just to clarify, I'm using Unity and the Soomla SDK. A shot in the dark, but I thought I'd ask here anyway.

Cheers guys!

2. I looked more into Adding new In-App purchases through ItunesConnect and it seems as though you cannot have an IAP that is Free or worth any In-Game currency.

I believe this all needs to be handled on my end locally. If anyone has any more insight though that would be fantastic.

3. flathead

flathead Active Member

May 16, 2013
    I've also wondered this. Can the restore feature simply restore the ingame currency?

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    only real $ related items are actual iap that needs set upwithin itc

what you do with virtual currencies or items obtained with them is up to you

as for soomla i dont know

5. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah that's what I figured, good to know.