What games does Android have that we don't?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ChrisJT, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Ravensword Lover

Ravensword Lover Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    That's your choice. I don't like seeing f**ks or c**cks everywhere I read. You know about civil rights, right? It's my damn right to avoid slang talk. Also he stated about his intention so we don't have that problem anymore. Why are you making a previously solved problem bigger?

Also, before calling my action childish, just read my comments about that and you will realize I just stated my opinion about the game, which doesn't require playing it.

And I'm done with that situation. If you want to discuss with me about the topic you are welcome to discuss but please don't make another problem.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  3. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Agreed I would love it on my phone...as much as it kicked my azz lol

4. Ravensword Lover

Jan 5, 2013
    I hope when Tegra 4 comes up we will see a lot of Android exclusive games. And I'm sure they are going to look like console games, by all means. Graphics, effects, depth, voice acting, you name it.

Also I'm plannig to get that SHIELD as soon as it's released. Does anyone have a plan like that?

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I don't know where you live, but in the US no one has a "right" to not hear profanity or read it on the Internet. That's like walking into a movie theater and demanding that all violent movies be pulled, because you have a right not to see or hear of them.

There is a phrase, "if you can't take the heat..." If you have a problem with profanity on TA then I suggest you not frequent the Internet very often. It's very tame and restrained here for the most part.

6. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    By and large iOS doesn't even have console quality games yet. The problem is that even if Tegra 4 is powerful enough the time and money involved in making them means that they probably won't be viable, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

As for Shield, I'm mildly intrigued, but skeptical that it will take off and presumably only a small subset of games will make good use of the controller, since most will still be made with touch screens in mind.

I also think something like this: [​IMG]

makes more sense from a physical design perspective.

7. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I am an Android/Tegra gaming nut, but I believe in the sanctity of mobile games being played on touchscreens alone. However (big HOWEVER), if the Sheild gets priced at $199 for a 32 GB version, count me as a buyer. But from the looks of things, it'd cost closer to $399 for 16 GB. Bummer

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #28 JBRUU, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    Well I think the #1 problem is that if people want something like this they will just go buy a Vita.

Plus what about post-launch support? Even for launch titles I see no killer title that'll making me lay down $200-$400 bucks. This thing will flop worse than the Vita.

Oh wait it has Dead Trigger 2. Instabuy.

9. Ravensword Lover

Jan 5, 2013
    No, I don't live in the US. In my country we don't use swear words and slang talk against each other if we don't have a lifetime friendship and call ourselves "buddy". But when talking towards to a stranger, we DO NOT use any slang talk and definitely he doesn't either. I don't know about you Americans but in my country that's the way it works.

Of course everyone is free to use slang talk on the internet but not AGAINST who doesn't like the slang talking itself. In that case, that's me who doesn't like it. It's not too hard to understand. That's my preference, and you have to show respect to it.

And yes it's my right. Better check it again.

That's the Archos Gamepad, right? I thought it was good when I first saw it on the GSMArena but MALI400MP is kinda old to handle high graphics. Still a very good device for gaming.

Well, this time I'm counting on NVIDIA, I hope they will not break my dreams. :rolleyes: What I really excited about SHIELD is it's Cloud gaming feature. Yes there was OnLive but I think this is way more completed and better. Imagine playing Skyrim on a handheld device...

Also hoping for some good titles like they showed us in the CES 2013. 2013 is going to be awesome!

10. leonard_dabinski

Jan 7, 2013
    Oh well, that is not a problem, AT ALL! It already leverages on Tegra games you buy on Google Play, for one. Next, each title costs 10-25% of the regular PS Vita game, give or take.

Before long, you'd be able to root this thing and install controller mapping apps, where you can map non-Shield optimized games (Angry Birds, Gameloft, EA etc) to the controller.

So yeah, getting this instead of the Vita makes much sense. But personally, I would never have gotten a Vita at whatever price so it makes no difference!

11. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Oh yeah the Archos doesn't look very good, but I just mean that I much prefer the physical design of it. Shield looks...unwieldy.

12. Ravensword Lover

Jan 5, 2013
    #32 Ravensword Lover, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    Agreed. Like I said, that Cloud gaming thing really made me wondered. I think NVIDIA learnt something from they lessons. This Project SHIELD is something like I've been always waiting. But of course, this is just my thought. Maybe that will fail like the previous Tegra devices. Let's just wait and see. After all, we still have our iDevices. :)

And about the VITA...I really considered getting that beast few months ago, but lack of good AAA titles made me reconsider my decision. Some say that 2013 is VITA's year. If that's true, I'm definitely going to buy it. Otherwise, it's pretty much pointless for ME like the PSP.

13. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Love my vita, love my iPad , adore my iPhone 5, love my 3ds....each one is loved for multiple different reasons....before this the DS and Psp were my main handhelds even through endless piracy they still pumped out great titles and still do...as far as any high tech droid device I would love to but probebly won't get one...mainly because the droid market games just don't match up to the appstore ecosystem. I have a droid tablet and a iPad and find myself gaming more on the iPad and browsing more on the AppStore ....but there still is enough games to keep a gamer busy on droid ...just not this gamer.

14. Ravensword Lover

Jan 5, 2013
    Which generation iPad do you own? Do you prefer iPad or iPhone for gaming? And why?

Sorry about the questions but I'm just gathering information for iPhone 5 gaming. :)

15. Ravensword Lover

Jan 5, 2013
    I can't believe how I missed OnLive. For whose doesn't know what does it do, it's a Cloud Gaming Service that works amazingly well.

16. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    mystique 3 is only on android...

17. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    What? I played 1 and 2 and I loved it! I must get an android device now! NOW!

18. Ravensword Lover

Jan 5, 2013
  19. leonard_dabinski

Jan 7, 2013
  20. Ravensword Lover

Jan 5, 2013
    Right, but I was expecting a lot from Nvidia this time. Maybe I'll buy it anyway too see how it handles cloud gaming.

Skyrim in a handheld device! Just wow...