Game page in the TA app links to wrong thread

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by pixelpowa, Aug 5, 2013.

1. pixelpowa

pixelpowa Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Indie Game Dev
    U.S.
    Hey, I'm the Kid Tripp dev, and someone in the game's current thread noticed this:

"Anyone else noticed that if you go to the app page for this in the TA app, it still links to the upcoming thread rather than this one? Not sure if that's also why it's not making it onto the popular new releases list?"

I was wondering if anyone could fix this. Cheers!

2. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    If I remember correctly, this has to do with the

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I honestly don't know if it has anything to do with it, but like with Hero of Many, I checked to see if there were any appinfo tags in the entire upcoming thread. However, unlike HoM, I don't see 'em anywhere in the thread at all. If anyone can see something I can't, please let me know. :p This seems like something I should shut up about and let arn handle. :/

5. pixelpowa

Feb 23, 2013
    Indie Game Dev
    U.S.
    I remember putting an appinfo tag in the OP, but it looks like it's invisible/gone now (even though it doesn't say a mod has edited it). Maybe you could check to see if it's still inside the post somewhere? I can't edit it myself because it's locked.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Can anyone double-check that the problem's been resolved on the TA app? I think I've fixed it. If it is indeed working, please try and get the release thread active to see if Kid Tripp shows up under Hot New Games.

That said, I'm staying out of these things in the future.

7. pixelpowa

Feb 23, 2013
    Indie Game Dev
    U.S.
    I see it at the bottom of the Hot New games bar now! HUGE thanks, you're the man! :D

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    My pleasure (and eternal rage), Pix. :)

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Oops I forgot to reply to this thread yesterday. Yes the issue is caused by an appinfo tag being put into the first post of any thread other than the release thread, before the release thread is made.

In other words, the thread which has the appinfo tag in the first post FIRST will be the thread the TA app directs to. So, be on the lookout for those situations and report any other games with issues here.

I edited out the appinfo from the upcoming thread for Kid Tripp and the problem seemed to fix itself after a short time. Sorry MC if I made you feel crazy :) So if you do see a game doing this behavior you can also report the post so a mod can edit out the app info.

Thanks for bringing up the issue :)

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, no problem dude. :) I'm hoping it was your initial editing that solved the problem and not my drastic (NEVER.AGAIN!) actions. I think we should put up a sticky in the upcoming sections saying something like "WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT POST APPINFO IN UPCOMING THREADS!" :p