Swingworm - a worm physics game by 10tons

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 10tonsLtd, Nov 11, 2011.

1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Swingworm is a physics driven platformer game that represents the world from the perspective of stretchy hero. The titular protagonist Swingworm has a dream of climbing up the tallest three in the forest to get a nicer view on the moon. However, no journey is without trouble. To climb the tree and fullfill his dream, Swingworm has to collect berries for the sinister Big Bug...

Playing Swingworm is quite different from the traditional platformers. In Swingworm you can swing around two ends of stretchy form. Both ends stick to surfaces and one end must be attached to some surface at all times. Navigating through the levels requires both skill and strategy. The game can be played without too much pressure but there are episode leaderboards and level par times for those who want more challenge.

Check out the gameplay teaser below for a sample of the game. More information at http://www.swingworm.com

Swingworm will be out within a few weeks. At the moment we're focus testing and polishing the game in preparation for a beta.

2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Wow, loving the look of this. Getting a real Super Feed Me vibe from it. Should hold me over until SFM finally arrives. :)

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    IF it ever arrives... But yeah, looks awesome!

4. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    No, it's WHEN. Since Nitrome did post a video of a working Super Feed Me game on their website over the summer, there's no reason why it shouldn't still be coming. And were it not, Nitrome would have announced something about the cancellation by now. Plus they hired a new iPhone programmer recently.

5. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Thanks for telling :). Back on topic, just noticed you're devs of Joining Hands!

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Wow, I really like the music.

8. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Our goal is to submit the game next week so the estimated release date is around 8th December if all goes well.

9. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    A couple of fresh promo shots. We're hoping to launch on December 8th!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]