Is there any other good mech games ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shadow Zangetsu, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Shadow Zangetsu

Shadow Zangetsu Active Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Only mech game I have found so far is destroy gunners sp witch reminds me alot of armored core games dose any one no if any more like this or a game like custom robo and if there isn't any more why not haha

2. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Metalwars 2

The only other mech combat game that I felt was worthy of a recommendation. It's basically a 2 on 2/3 mech combat arena. Similar to AC's Nine or Formula Front (PSP).

A pretty good buy with comfortable and fun combat mechanics that's slower paced than AC in general (no boosters...). Replay value is lacking though, since customization is quite linear and simplified. Stages are also limited in that there are only a few different arenas and the opponents you face are never 'unique', leading to pretty similar encounters and stages.

Fun, while it lasts. Multiple difficulties are available though.

3. Shadow Zangetsu

Jun 23, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up on that one just bought it il let you know what I think once I get a bit of play time I love my arena based fighting games with customisation :)

4. Shadow Zangetsu

Jun 23, 2010
    Not to bad but I see what you mean with the same robot again and again haha still destroy gunners is my fave it's alot faster and gets pretty hectic but thank you for the recommendation :)

5. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    The Heavy Mach games (including Mach Defense) and Robokill are really good.

6. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    Dodonpachi Resurrection is full of mechs, but it's a top-down bullet hell shooter.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I liked Heavy Mach 2 and 2360: Battle for Cydonia

Would kill for a proper MechWarrior game on iOS, but even the DS game was so-so.

Guess I can console myself with the fact I can run the original MW on iDOS. ;)

8. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This isn't really a Mechwarrior type of game, rather more of a Space Harrier type shooter. But it HAS mechs in it, and it's awesome:

http://appshopper.com/games/exzeus

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #9 undeadcow, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Heavy Mach 2/HD is a solid choice.