Universal Solomon's Boneyard (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Sep 8, 2010.

1. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Except that...

1. Solomon's Boneyard has been free for the majority of its existence (and it was only $1 the seven months it did cost something)

2. You never needed to buy any IAP, you did so to support a small indie dev

3. The game post retina update today still only takes up 28 MB installed, if I remember correctly, it was under 20MB before the update, so the only reason to have uninstalled it was you didn't care about the game, your progress, or the IAP anymore since it was obvious you were going to lose both the progress and the IAP if you didn't use a 3rd party program to back the game up. Further, unless you were just truly stupid about the amount of IAP you put into the game, your total progress and unlocks were clearly worth a lot more than the couple of bucks you tossed to Raptisoft.

2. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Good point. But consider this— maybe he wanted a way of selling each wizard individually, but for less than a dollar. At least, I really hope that was his intent.

3. plastic_student

plastic_student Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Thanks for your advice, wise man. Can have your private mail? I just think my life would be much better, if I can just ask you how to live my life and percieve the universe.

Cant I discuss about about buisness models in the App store without getting attacked by the secret force of indie developer fanboy fanatics?

Yes, its nice to support indie developers. Let's end this discussion with this conclusion, because everything else won't lead anywhere.

Besides: I think the most substancial part of my comment was totally neglected: IAP do not work on my device since the update. I am curios if I am gonna be charged anyway...

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    #444 SkyMuffin, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    The bribe destiny perk is not consumable. You can restore it...but that doesn't seem to be working either. None of the IAPs are going through for me :(

I'm also not really noticing a difference with the retina update.

5. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Look to the Solomon dark thread for a more in depth discussion of the retina issue.
    If you can't be bothered I'll sum it up here as I understand it.

It's an old game using prerenders. The actuall impact of retina on an older pre rendered game is fairly slight apparently.
    As for the IAP mine stayed fine. Haven't bought more. Haven't deleted the game. Mine are still available to me.
    If you're having problems I have two suggestions.
    1 - if it is the bribe destiny perk ( non consumable ) repurchasing it should just restore it without it billing you.
    2 - go to the Solomon dark thread in upcoming games. Post your problem there. Raptisoft is active in that thread. Alternatively look up the raptisoft threads and ask there.
    Hope that helps address concerns and issues.

6. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Check the frontage for a full update on raptisoft and this series and all there work and upcoming projects.

7. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    "Also planned is Retina Display updates for all current titles, the first of which has just hit for Solomon’s Boneyard. As great as this sounds, since all the graphics in these games were pre-rendered then the bump in resolution doesn’t make that dramatic of a difference, though it’s definitely sharper."

My advice is to try comparing Solomon's Keep (still not yet updated with Retina) to Boneyard (now updated with Retina). Before I updated Boneyard I looked long and hard at how it was because I had the feeling it wasn't going to look that much different and as we all know it isn't that drastic of a difference. However, there is no doubt it is sharper and more clear. Rapti is putting focus on Solomon Dark. Retina for Boneyard/Keep was a bonus to make them look as good as they can be without doing anything else to them besides adding Retina.

8. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Just updated the game and because I haven't played for some time(although I've kept the game on my device) its hard to say but it does look very good so I played a game and it reminded me what a fun game this truly is!!!:)

9. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I think what he was trying to say was, you deleted the game knowing you had purchased consumables.

No one was "attacking" you.

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #450 LordShad0wz, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Hi all, thanks to a recent article I've downloaded the game. I've searched everywhere I can think of but I cannot find the IAP. I'd like to throw the devs some money! Can anyone who's played this tell me where it is or am I crazy lol?

Billy

Edit- I found it. I didn't see the button all the way to the right. I really like this game!

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Update is live!!

It's now fully 64 bit supported! I already made the no ads purchase. You do have to restore purchases. What I did as a thank you is made a few coin purchases.

I love this game!! I played for about an hour and didn't notice any bugs.

Billy

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I just found an issue.

Using pushback on my spells I have killed bosses off screen and been unable to obtain their items and gold. It definitely needs to be addressed. When they die their items need to be accessible.

So far that's it though.

Billy

13. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    IOS classic is back! Happy days are here again)
    Support this Dev. He deserves it.

14. cant92

cant92 New Member

Jan 12, 2018
    turn off boss perk

Hi, how can i turn off boss perk after bought it??
    thnks

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Holy moly this is now updated with full screen support :eek:

And so are Solomon's Keep, Robot Wants Kitty, and Hoggy 2.

16. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Just played Solomon’s Boneyard and always funny as before. Only thing I’d like to see some resolution upgrade.