I, Marble - a retro 80's isometric marble madness type game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jblazer, Nov 11, 2013.

1. jblazer

jblazer Active Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Octagon Games is a small team (1 programmer, 1 artist, 1 sound engineer) that assembled from all over the world to recreate and update a classic.
    Six months in, we're ready to reveal our isometric marble game: I,Marble...

The game is currently set in 2 worlds, with 6 levels in each. Each level is between 3-5 min in length.
    A 3rd futuristic world (and more!) is planned for future release.

Coming soon to mobile platforms (IOS will be first release followed by Android and possibly others)
    we're at about 90% completed. Would love to hear any feedback...

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The game looks great. I'm a big fan of marble madness. BUT personally I can't stand tilt only games. Are there alternative controls? Would then please both sets of people?

Everything else is great but I hope it won't be tilt only

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Absolutely love the gameplay and style, reminiscent of Six Sided Sanctuary (in a good way). Hesitant about the controls, though. I guess that tilt controls like that are common for marble/rolling games, but is there any possibility of touch controls?

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    looks nice. Wait for new information of the game.

5. jblazer

jblazer Active Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Great feedback guys. Let's say it's been on my list "to do" to incorporate the swipe controls or virtual trackball as an alternative to tilt. It plays well with the tilt controls, but I'd love to have both in there even if it doesn't make it into initial release... stay tuned. No promises, but I'll give it a go and see what programming magic I can make happen.

6. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
  7. Funday Factory

Funday Factory Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Aaahhh the nostalgia! Marble Madness! I'm so ready to get super frustrated over tilt controls :)

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice, ill play this, looks cool I've waited for a modern day marble madness.

9. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Looks cool. It looks like it can be as frustrating as marble madness.

Do you need any beta testers ?

10. jblazer

jblazer Active Member

Nov 2, 2008
    We've had a private invite only beta ongoing for the past few months of development. We have a few more things to polish up, but then I can open things up for a small public beta here in a few weeks for those that are interested and would like to give feedback. We'll post something here when we're ready.

11. jblazer

jblazer Active Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Update to I, Marble

So much has happened since I last posted here on Touch Arcade. I, Marble was funded back in December, and is now complete and released for Windows Phone 8. Due to exclusivity terms for Windows we'll be delaying our IOS release until September 1.

If any of you happen to have Windows Phones, there is a free trial and it is available here:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=e1420d37-e858-4656-af4f-36db666593c2