Chillingo presents... Collision Effect - by Vishindo

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tzael, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #1 tzael, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    Hi everyone!

Collision Effect is Vishindos debut title for the app store, published by Chillingo.

We hope you enjoy the trailer and screenshots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Description:

Through the black holes lies the Zybble dimension. Control the explosive chaos by orchestrating the destruction of Zybbles and keep our Big Bang Universe expanding a while longer.

The story so far:
    The fate of the universe is at stake but wait... it's not aliens or even the nature of man itself. The threat is that of force and matter, energy and reaction. It's Zybbles. In the late 2040s a one-man crew on a generational ship headed for Alpha Centauri vacuumplaned into a black hole. Just as he crossed the event horizon a probe was released and got stuck in time, transmitting the last images from the ship, shown further down. The man upset the delicate balance of perfect Zybble matchmaking and mankind quickly realized that if the wrong pair of Zybbles would collide, the universe (as we up until this point really didn't know it) would be gone. But before that happened, we found you and we believe in you so please... save us. Save yourself. Save our Big Bang Universe.

The features so far:
    * Organized destruction gameplay requiring logic, timing and skill
    * A minute to learn but a lifetime to rehabilitate from
    * Experience the majestic and gorgeous Zybble dimension and watch as massive, jaw-dropping explosions shapes space around you
    * Original soundtrack with ambient and relaxed as well as intense and thrilling music
    * Two gamemodes - Immerse yourself in super intense action or mind-boggling puzzles:

Action Mode
    * Control the ever increasing chaos in the explosive and frantic Action mode
    * Use huge explosion combos and four special Zybble entities to climb the leaderboards
    * Withstand endless waves of Zybbles in three difficulty modes

Puzzle Mode
    * Tickle your brain in the unique Puzzle mode based on spatial awareness and timing
    * Chilled out but challenging gameplay across 60 tricky levels with increasing difficulty
    * Use the optional hints if you get stuck

More features:
    * Crystal and Game Center enabled with leaderboards and 53 achievements
    * Retina Display and HD graphics for supported devices
    * Optimized and calibrated for each device generation to squeeze out every last drop of performance
    * Universal app

tzael, Vishindo

2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Mega cool. Like Aqua Globs but with sprites that actually move! :p

3. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks! The youtube re-encoder is a killer though, like a chocolate-eating child making the final touches on your Mona Lisa.

4. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #4 tzael, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    Just a quick update, I added five screenshots and linked our new HD version of the trailer.

5. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Another update:

* We signed with Chillingo who will be publishing the game
    * New name - Collision Effect
    * New trailer (see first post)

Visit the facebook game page for more information: Collision Effect

tzael, Vishindo

6. blunted247

blunted247 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Wow, I am loving the look of this game. I am a sucker for anything particle effect related!

Good luck with the game, and rest assured that you will be getting at least 1 download on the day of release!

7. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Looks like Aqua Globs crossed with Osmos

8. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I did enjoy them, but I'm still a bit confused as to what you do in the game. Do you swipe matching color orbs into each other?

9. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks for the comments!

You simply touch a Zybble to activate it which will attract all other Zybbles of the same color. In action mode there can be up to four Zybbles in a group while in puzzle mode there can be as many as ten. You can also activate several Zybbles in one swipe and we support multi-touch as well.

TouchArcade posted a brief preview of someone demoing the game on iPad here:

tzael, Vishindo

10. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Thanks for the video. I guess I missed when they posted that preview. Well, I'm usually willing to give unique, shiny games a try (given that they're a reasonable price), so you can probably already count me in as a customer. Good luck to you.