iPhone Can knockdown 2 – sequel will smash everything you’ve seen so far!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ArturID, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArturID

ArturID Well-Known Member

#1 ArturID, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

Can Knockdown was an instant hit and reached the #1 spot in 67 countries since December 2010. This free and universal game has been downloaded nearly 2,5 million times in just one month! Now forthcoming sequel will try to beat that record!
    -------------------------------------------

Yes, this is the moment when we can put our cards on the table and say Can Knockdown 2 will hit the App Store on 1 March!

To celebrate Can Knockdown’s 2 worldwide premiere, we are planning to sell all our games for 0,99$ only! The same low prize for all games (including Can Knockdown 2) will be a limited time offer.

Below fresh and hot game trailer which reveal nearly everything . As usual we are waiting for you feedback!

2. Bitsandpixeltester

Bitsandpixeltester Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    You guys are amazing!

You guys took a potential idea and created a monster software that successfully balanced in app purchases with addicting game play. Very much looking forward to this future game.

3. ArturID

Thanks! We are more than happy to hear such good opinion. Any requests regarding the sequel?

4. Bitsandpixeltester

Dec 3, 2010
    #4 Bitsandpixeltester, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    A mode featuring wind as another added difficulty to the game.

Possible addition of powerups (multi ball throw, explosive ball, jumbo ball etc) which can be unlocked through reaching a certain score or getting to a certain combo point.

One of your strongest parts in your app is your background. Visually it looks great and the swinging light makes it even more cool. If you guys were able to pull off backgrounds like that I am sure you can come up with even more visually appealing additions.

Possible crossover between this and pottery app. Make a mode where cans are replaced by pottery (the sound and animations associated with it would be quite fantastic)

Conveyor belt mode ( the cans move down a belt and your goal is to make the highest score in either an allotted time or an allotted amount of balls)

Neon Glow in the Dark mode (think of the bowling lanes in which the pins are neon glow in the dark) Cans would be neon colors.

Swinging light...you used this in your first background but I thought why not have a level that is pitch black and the only way you can tell where the cans are is a solo swinging light that goes back and forth.

Difficulty settings which revolve around a specific number of balls

Are you going to carry over the achievements of Can Knockdown 1 to your sequel?

Multiple shelves of cans.

5. ArturID

These are really good ideas. We will discuss them internally. Thanks for your effort! Regarding your question. No, we are not planning to move achievements from first version to sequel but you can be sure we will have a bunch of really cool tasks to achieve!

6. ArturID

Today we can reveal more information’s about forthcoming Can Knockdown sequel. The first version of our game have only one game mode. Can Knockdown 2 will have three unique game modes! Classic Mode (updated mode from original game), Target Mode (test your aiming skills) and Sniper Mode (something quick and accurate), more info will appear soon + screenshots!

7. Bitsandpixeltester

Dec 3, 2010
    YES!

Sounds like some very good additions to your growing franchise!

8. ArturID

[​IMG]

Last time we revealed some information’s about three game modes in Can Knockdown 2. Today we can show you first screenshot – game menu. To choose game mode player need to hit one from three cardboard boxes. You are most welcome to share your opinions or suggestions with us.

9. Theintern

Theintern Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2010
    I loved 'Can Knockdown' and I am really looking forward to the second version! I love 'Bitsandpexeltester's' ideas...

You could probably add a swinging platform or a rotating platform with certain targeted cans that must not be knocked down or touched (add wind direction and force for added difficulty) and or (a flickering light with an added countdown timer so you have to rely on memory)...

A puzzle mode where certain cans of various weights must be removed in a certain sequence in order to reach some prescribed objective...

just trying to add my 2cents worth! keep up the great work guys! :)

10. Bitsandpixeltester

Dec 3, 2010
    That menu is gorgeous. Bravo!

11. ArturID

[​IMG]

Hi everyone,

According to the promise here is next screenshot from Can Knockdown 2. Today we are revealing something about “Target Mode” where players can prove their accuracy by destroying popping-up moving targets and fight against time.

Perfect shot stops the timer for one second. The more accuracy you are, the more time you have to collect higher score. While you are aiming targets, special bonus cans appears. If you hit one of them you can expand the final time for few seconds.

As always we are counting on your opinions and thoughts. Let us know what you think about new game mode. We are very exited to release game soon in the App Store.

12. Bitsandpixeltester

Dec 3, 2010
    Wow, I am even more excited to play this. I like how you are keeping up with your slick graphics and vibrant colors. Each part looks so unique.

13. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Wow, this looks awesome.

Cant wait!

Off topic a bit, could you guys please do something with your sailboat game where the airplane and jetski modes are unlocked from the menu automatically.

The game is way too hard and i doubt very many people have seen these extra modes, meaning all of your hard work goes down the drain.

Sorry to be off topic, but i cant get any email response from you guys about that.
    (sorry everyone :)

14. ArturID

No problem Scott :) We will try to fix it in future updates.

15. ArturID

Thanks! We have something more :)

16. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Any idea when this will be submitted I can't wait :)

17. ArturID

2-4 weeks.

18. ArturID

[​IMG]

Here is next screenshot from Can Knockdown 2. This time you can admire the improved and polished all time classic mode, where player must fight against own weaknesses while aiming and throwing balls at piles of cans. Collect bonuses, avoid shields and knock down cans moving on a conveyor!

19. ArturID

Check our Can Knockdown 2 Contest on Touch Arcade. You can win Unique iPad case! More details in this thread.

[​IMG]

20. ArturID

[​IMG]

Check last and fresh screenshot from Can Knockdown 2. Today we revealed sniper mode where players need to prove their accuracy in destroying explosive and fast-moving targets while fighting against time. Do you think you can be the master of precision?