OpenFeint's 'My Games' not listing all of my games.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by app-inured, Feb 1, 2010.

1. app-inured

app-inured Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I get the feeling I may have missed more in the past, but in cleaning out apps recently I noticed several that haven't been added to the 'My Games' list in OpenFeint. Namely SAVE THE PICNIC (for which I even have 50 achievement points), HUMBLE'S NUMBLE and STICKSIEGE (200 achievement points). SUPER SANTA didn't register either, but then I think their OF logo is only there for show.

Any idea how to remedy this? Re-downloading didn't work, and it's a shame not to have them listed as it's convenient (kind of, with plenty of loading) to be able to keep track of games you own and need to complete without needing to keep them on your device.

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I know "Tic Tac Toe" doesn't show up because the developer never sat the game to released, it's still under "unannounced", so it won't show up because OF thinks it's still not released. So it's not on any lists, but you still get the points from it.

So idk about those games, but this could be more common of a problem than I thought.

Super Santa doesn't have OpenFeint included in it.

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Wow, there's fifty billion tic tac toe games on the store. Can you verify it's this one and if so, do you need the Pro version?

4. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    lmao

Yes that one :)

No you don't need the pro version, the free one has like 700 points.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    "Takes one to know one!!"

Thanks, Zinc :D

6. app-inured

Jan 28, 2009
    You can add PUMPKIN CARNAGE to the list: 75 achievement points earned and it's not listed in my played games.

Why is the OpenFeint played games list backwards, by the way? Wouldn't it be infinitely more useful to have them listed in the order they were last played? I just hit 80 games (with a good number more to add hidden off that final iphone page), and so to check my progress in the game I *just* played can take minutes! And in taking the tiiime (why, dammit?!) to check whether PUMPKIN CARNAGE was listed, I stumbled across another baffling shortcoming. To ascertain the accumulative achievement points total for any game played I'm either required to do mental arithmetic, or load page after page after page after page (after page...) until I can see a game's points listed as a total figure and not individual achievements. There's no emoticon for a gun against the temple, is there?

nb. Before hitting 'post' I thought I'd load up FIELDRUNNERS to see if perhaps the 'gold standard' had at least got it right. Nope. It even claimed I was currently playing 2360: BATTLE FOR CYDONIA whilst logged into FIELDRUNNERS...

7. app-inured

Jan 28, 2009
    ISANTA'S HELPER wasn't added to the 'My Games' list after playing it either. Can you imagine loading 94 games in OpenFeint, 10(!) at a time, in order to check on the last game you played, and to then have it crash before the final four? Excruciating.

Sort it out, guys.

8. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Think about what I have to do :(

.....510 games on my list

9. app-inured

Jan 28, 2009
    117 games listed for me now. Hear our cries, OpenFeint!

DRAGON SLAUGHTER was free for a while, so perhaps more of you grabbed it, but while it has OF leaderboards it too hasn't been added to the 'my games' list. I tried the OpenFeint enabled BOING BUNNY BOING just now and noticed it wasn't added to the list after logging in and playing a few levels, which reminded me to double check DRAGON SLAUGHTER and hence this post!