Telekinesis Kyle [By Vellum Interactive]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vellum Interactive, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all, we are releasing a new game this summer on iOS and Android called Telekinesis Kyle! Telekinesis Kyle is a story-driven puzzle game featuring natural controls and artistically engaging visuals.

We are looking for some beta testers to try it out on iOS. Help Kyle figure out how to use his special talents to escape a sinister mountain fortress and uncover an evil secret!

Check out the teaser trailer we released today!

We will be posting more game info and screenshots soon. Follow @TelekinesisKyle on Twitter to learn more about his story!

2. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    That's telekinesis, Kyle!

3. Cool Fact: the game's name was actually inspired by listening to that song!

4. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Can you use mind bullets?

5. You can move around bigger things than bullets! Want to check out the game?

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I would be interested in beta testing Telekinesis Kyle. My TestFlight e-mail is [email protected]. Thank you in advance for any consideration.

7. Great! We will be sending you through a Testflight invite shortly. After you've played the game, please let us know what you think! We will provide you with a few questions just so we can utilize your feedback and make the game as best as possible.

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

9. Great! We added you to our Testflight so you should get an invite shortly.

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

10. Telekinesis Kyle: iOS 7 App Icon Designs

Hey all! We are down to the final four designs for the app icon for Telekinesis Kyle and we wanted to get your opinion! With all the changes coming with iOS 7, we have some very different icon designs to fit with the flat artistic look.

Let us know which app you would be most likely to download!

App Icon #1:
    [​IMG]

App Icon #2:
    [​IMG]

App Icon #3:
    [​IMG]

More sneak peeks coming soon!

11. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Definitely icon nr. 2. It shows that the game has 3D graphics and also features the games protagonist which has a lot of personality to it.

The 1st one makes me think of some 2D game for kids and the third one reminds of some kind of editor or some programming tool app...

12. shortandnoisy

shortandnoisy Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    UK
    This. Also apart from showing telekinesis, it doesn't really seem attached to the game, kind of ambiguous, if for just trying to see what you still have in folder without opening it

13. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Personally I like the third one. The muted abstract design is unique and different from other apps and actually shows some form of telekinesis. The first seems to colorful/ "kiddy" and I just don't like the second

14. lokiman

lokiman Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    My vote goes to the second one too. Don't mind iOS7 designs as they are not good for games (not that they are good for 1st party apps :p ) and like the guy before me said: the other two icons just don't tell the telekinesis story anyway :)

15. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I saw 3 only, i vote none other people choice #2 cause it best of them, i vote none cause these icon really not show all of your gameplay or meaning gave in game, i bet you guys can use another better.

16. mlago9

mlago9 Member

Jun 4, 2013
    If you guys are still lookin for beta testers I am interested and my testflight email is [email protected]. Thank you for your consideration.

17. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Wow,good thing someone bumped this up..This game is now on my radar..

I also vote for App icon#2..

18. Thank you so much for all of your feedback! We want to be able to communicate both the story and the feel of the game, starting with the icon itself.

Let us know if you have any other thoughts!

19. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Wow, Vellum - this looks quite promising! I've been waiting for this kind of game for awhile without any real hope of seeing it. Problem with being a science fiction addict. If you guys are still taking beta testers my test flight email is [email protected].

20. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    #20 chimpman252, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    Yeah, I'd love to test this too if you're still looking. My testflight email is [email protected]
    The style reminds me a lot of Tiny&Big in Grandpa's Leftovers. Looks really high quality.