Danmaku Unlimited 2 [by Doragon Entertainment]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foxbat, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

Going to do my best to get it out before the end of the year. :)

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This looks almost perfect. Will it have retina graphics on iPad as well?

3. jayjayjay

jayjayjay Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    nice game! will it be on android?

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Playable with icade? Insta-buy, in that case alone!

5. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

@MidianGTX The game will have retina res (960x640) on the iphone and standard res (1024x768) on the ipad.

@jayjayjay I'd love to do ports for android in the future, just need some income from DU2 first so I can afford to buy an android device haha

6. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I'll pay whatever you charge, as will every other follower of yours on here. You not doing indie games anymore would be a sad, sad day for iOS shooter fans.

7. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

Hi all, sorry for the lack of updates but I’ve been completely swamped with finishing the game. I didn’t want the game be simply be DU1 with new stages so a lot of time was spent on the new shooting mechanics, specifically in getting the beam attack to feel powerful and “weighty”.

The game is at a pretty good spot now to the point where it can be beta tested soon. If you are interested in beta testing the game please send me a PM with your IOS device type, it’s UDID, and your level of experience with shmups in general. I’m looking for testers of all skill levels so don’t be afraid to help test even if you are not a STG veteran!

8. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Count me in for the Beta Test. I'll PM you tomorrow.

9. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

thank you for the response so far! :) should have the beta build ready this week to test will let the testers know once it's good to go!

10. spikeyflip

spikeyflip Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Sent you pm :)

11. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Still need testers?

12. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the beta feedback so far! I'm working feverishly to finish up the other stages while incorporating suggestions from the beta feedbacks, so new beta updates could take a little while. As far as beta testing is concerned I'm looking specifically for testers with an iPad 3/4 but anyone is welcome to drop me a PM with your e-mail as I might open up more tester slots.

Sorry couldn't quite finish DU2 in time for 2012 but I didn't want to rush it just to get it out by a certain date. Have a happy new year everyone and please look forward to DU2 in 2013!

13. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I say best bullet hell game for 2013:)

14. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Just send you a email about helping out with your beta process....love all of your work man....nice job!

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Sawheet. Yeah, right now this is, above and beyond, my most anticipated title of 2013. I can't wait. =oD

Glad you decided to wait and not rush it... seems like so many titles wind up getting rushed, not selling well because of the lack of polish and fine tuning, and then are never updated because of the poor sales. VERY glad this won't be happening to DU2. =oD

But it does seem like there's quite a few more shmup gamers here on the forum this year, so hopefully it'll get loads more attention than the original. You definitely deserve busload after busload of fans. =oD

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Nice mention of Danmaku 2 on Pocketgamer's list of most anticipated 2013 games. Really looking forward to it.

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
  18. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
  19. jackbear

jackbear Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    marketing officer~
    Indonesia
    whoa, nice~ :D
    insta-buy!

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah... I'm so freak'n psyched about this release. I hope it's approved before I go on vacation (Monday morning)... though I doubt it will be. I got an iPhone, but the beta version is 116MB and only had the first two stages. Dunno if they're included but locked, or just not included...