Universal Ace Ferrara and the Dino Menace (by Philipp Seifried)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Philipp_S

Philipp_S Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    game developer
    Awesome! The expansion pack will probably be around 10-12 new missions and stories (so about half the original game). It'll be a single IAP. I'd like to wait and see how the game does in the coming weeks before deciding on a price, but it'll likely be either $1 or $2. :)

One more thing: Since I had to re-release the game as a new app, it lost all of its ratings. It would be fantastic if you could rate the game if you like it. I've archived all of the old reviews here, in case you left one and want to resubmit it.

2. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    no screen auto orientation?:(

3. Philipp_S

Feb 16, 2013
    game developer
    Ooh, that's a bug. Thanks much for pointing it out, I'll fix it and try to submit an update by tonight (there's another known bug where the savegame menu gets stuck on "connecting" on some devices - I'll address that one as well).

4. Hey Philipp, i think you should out this game on Vita. If you want some infos how to do it or if you need help PM me !

5. Philipp_S

Feb 16, 2013
    game developer
    #85 Philipp_S, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    Thanks, it's really awesome that you're offering!
    I've actually met Sony Europe's indie games guy a while ago. My impression is that getting on the platform wouldn't be too hard, but it would take a substantial amount of time for getting through Sony's QA and other bureaucratic hurdles, even if the port would be easy to do.

I haven't heard of indie games selling well on Vita, other than those from the well-known developers (and even some of them seem to be unimpressed), and while I'd like my game to be on there, I have a feeling that all the effort required might not lead to a lot of additional sales. I think I'll rather invest the time in more content on iOS. :)

6. I know a lot of them (indie devs on Vita) most of them did great sales (Roll7's OlliOlli, Futurlab's Velocity) and they are not THAT famous. Their games were not out anywhere before (Pc or Consoles) I think you have to start somewhere. Look for Atomicom's Switch Galaxy. It's awesome. They started on iOS. Then PS Mobile now if you have time, take a look to their Switch Galaxy Ultra on Vita/PS4. It's like their baby grown up and became a man. It's awesome !
    Anyway, what i wanted to say here, it's Ace Ferrara is a gem, i never seen a video game like this before. With Cats and Dinosaurs fighting along humans to save the galaxy. This is just unique. But, don't take this in the wrong way. You have to focus on console/Pc if you want to succeed as a dev. And i think now, when you are buying a Vita, it's for Japanese games and Indie games. Every players with a PS4/Vita know what is Hotline Miami, or The Swapper. Before that, it was just on PC, too much restricted.
    I'll support you till the end Philipp, Ace Ferrara will have great futur if you know how to manage it. Until next time, keep up the good work [emoji106]

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    TA dino bros 4 life!

8. Philipp_S

Feb 16, 2013
    game developer
    Hey GreedPhantom,
    I'll absolutely keep your advice in mind, and I'll think about it some more. And thanks for the kind words, too!

And to everybody else:

Here's a quick reminder that the game will go back to paid at some time tomorrow, so grab it while you can! :)
    And again, since I had to relaunch this as a new app, I lost all ratings that the game had. If you like the game, it would be super-cool if you'd consider leaving a review on the app store!

Happy 2015!

9. Philipp_S

Feb 16, 2013
    game developer
  10. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    For those who haven't tried this yet, get it. It's like a funny version of Wing Commander.

11. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Don't understand why this game isn't a top game in the App Store. It's got enough quality to be a full console release.

12. Philipp_S

Feb 16, 2013
    game developer
    #92 Philipp_S, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    Too much great competition, and being a story-driven game with a bit of a slow start, I think it needs players to hang in there for a while before they get their payoff. That makes it hard to pitch to new players, journalists and the App Store editorial team alike.
    Aside from a "Best New Games" in position #25 at launch, the game never got featured by Apple, and even though most of the press that ran stories really liked it, a few dozen articles/reviews aren't enough to make a meaningful amount of sales (it only sold a couple thousand units in total).

Which is why it's really cool to hear from people that enjoy it, every once in a while.

13. Philipp_S

Feb 16, 2013
    game developer
    I had to update the game to 64 bit, and I decided to use the opportunity to set it free once and for all. Free as in no iAP, no ads, no strings attached. :)

14. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Dagnabbit. I wanted to see more proton adventures. Thank you for making a wicked game.