Universal Payback² HD (by Apex Designs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 3, 2012.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The update is live now. The alternative touch controls are just amazing, thanks James :)

2. Jacksmart

Jacksmart Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    We need more multiplayer games on this. It's so fun with ai just imagine with real ppl!

3. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Fully agree. Every time I try to join nobody's playing. I really enjoy playing with the AI, but I want to get all the achievements and it's just impossible...

4. JD321

JD321 Member

Payback² Free Released

Hi everyone,

Just a quick announcement to let you all know we've released a free version of the game, which you can get here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/payback2-free/id570426586?ls=1&mt=8

We've enabled matchmaking between the free version and the other versions so you should be able to find someone to play against soon.

James.

5. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Played the lite and I'm highly impressed its alot of fun! If and Shen I see or hear if more ppl playing both versions (hd) are MINE!

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    What's the difference between the 2?

7. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    I believe one is just for the iPad and other for the phone...it's really cool the dev was able to allow online multi for both versions free and paid...I just wish more ppl were on...maybe ill start a thread here so we can kick each others azz!

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I ment the free version

9. JD321

JD321 Member

The free version roughly follows the shareware model in single player (the first couple of levels are unlocked - after that you have to pay to unlock more). There's also a charge if you pay more than 30 minutes of multiplayer. We've tried to make it so the in-app purchases aren't too annoying (there are permanent unlocks for everything), and of course you can just treat the free version like a demo for the full version (which of course doesn't have any in-app purchases) if you prefer.

James.

10. JD321

JD321 Member

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that we've just submitted an update to fix the bugs mentioned earlier in the thread and to add $5m and $10m targets to rampage mode. With some luck, Apple should approve it by the end of next week.

James.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    $5m and $10m targets to rampage mode? Cool!

12. JD321

JD321 Member

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    And the newer update with the new icon is out too. I preferred the bullet icon, but anyway, I'm not going to die for having an icon with X or Y picture :p Any news on the possibility of adding some/all of the old cities to Payback2? I'm missing daylight sceneries in this version (they all seem to be sunset/night...)

14. JD321

JD321 Member

And an even newer update will be released very soon!

That's certainly on the list, but there's a few other things we want to add first. :)

James.

15. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I am loving this game! 5 stars!

16. AizenSousuke

AizenSousuke Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Game Programmer
    Singapore
    holyshiz what happened to the price?

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Easy: it's doubling every three days :D the question is not "what", it's "why"...

18. FlipBeef97

FlipBeef97 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2012
    Male
    I bought the iPhone version for $2.99 and now it's not available in the USA anymore..... :(

And now there is a FREE version that makes you pay for multiplayer...... -_-

19. LazerTag

LazerTag Active Member

May 9, 2012
    #119 LazerTag, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
    Just removed from my watch list. Good job to the developer for driving away a possible buyer with whatever shinanagens you are playing. I only hope others follow suit. The App Store is really out of control because app buyers have none. shame really

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've searched for Payback2 HD and haven't found it either. Hey JD321, does this mean that the paid versions won't be supported any more, or have they been removed temporarily and they'll come back in the future?