Who is dropping Order & Chaos?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by FPE, Jun 30, 2011.

1. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Given the wonderful (ironic here) update, who is now considering considering this game done with?

2. anthonyusher87

Oct 9, 2010
    Why, what's wrong with it? I'm yet to play it since the update.

3. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    The update is basically nothing. Few new daily quests, less items from chests, new items buyable with runes (=real money), still max lvl is 60, etc.

BAsically if you are at 60 or almost (say 57), there is still nothing new worthwhile to do.

4. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I agree with you on the whole, but I will be carrying on playing to level another class.

Btw I'm EatTheRich in your guild mate ! I didn't realise you and FPE were one and the same ! I've enjoyed reading your posts over the years mate ! Lol

5. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Lol, you are ricchie!!!
    I will get to 60 and decide what to do. I might just sit one my 60 and play here and there while I give them a second chance.

6. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Are you saying that you get nothing new in the update?

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It sounds like despite Gameloft's marketing the update is mainly to add IAP and decrease treasure chests with the addition of some quests but none significant.

8. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Things take time. For me it is interesting to see how long we have to wait for pvp/next update. That will settle it for me.

9. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Things do take time, but it's not like they didn't know they were releasing a subscription based MMOG, a genre with well over a decade of history and conventions. Gameloft knew exactly what they were getting into and if they had any sense at all would have launched with at least 6 months worth of monthly content updates already in the can, not done what it's so obvious they did: got the game into a playable state, released everything, and then waited on the bean counters to give the thumbs up before beginning work on the first update.

I won't be adding any time to my subscription when it runs out next month. If they ever add anything of substance to the game, I'll probably pony up another $3, but I'm not paying now for "coming soon" future content considering that it's Gameloft.

10. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
  11. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Once you actually jump in and play the new update, you'll feel it wasn't worth the wait too.

The new quests are simply a few dailies which are simply repeats of quests we've already completed. And I believe only the two highest zones (desert and rift) are the zones that got any of these new dailies.

The teleport in greenmont is just between there and cliff watch, so it's not that big of a deal.

Language filters on local and global channels are nice, but that doesn't add anything to the actual game play.

New character customizations... I assume this is for when you create your character, so adds nothing for current players that have already filled their four character slots.

New armor sets... Cool, if you want to drop real cash to get them.

Server migration system is nice, but not really something you will use a lot... Or ever, depending on preference.

PvP spawn camping has been blocked. This is good news! Except that once you walk five yards out of the graveyard area, you'll be flagged for PvP again, in which you can be killed. Yah, that fixes everything! ;)

I tried to be optimistic all this time. I really did. I defended the devs of the game on the official forums when the nay sayers came calling. But this update, while it sounded like it had a lot going on for it, really isn't very much at all. Optimism is great, but don't fool yourself into thinking this update is more than what it is: minimal.

12. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    I dropped it a short while back after noticing a lack of updates and end-game content. It was an ambitious project, and maybe they'll make some solid progress over the next few months, but until there's something to do besides griiiiiiind, I won't be paying for this.

13. MokutonMadara

MokutonMadara Active Member

Jun 30, 2011
    I hoped for contents for us lvl 60s, new hard areas to explore, new battlegrounds, new arenas, new dungeons, new hardtoget sets.

Wow, EPIC set that can be bought by irl money? WOW, nice additional contents for level 60s, Gameloft.

More quests for the last places..

A few dailies? Wow, that will make leveling funnier!

Class problem fixes.

Yes, rangers/assassins are finally OK but what about military monks mana problems and Divine monks bugged skills?

Seriously did i wait months for just THIS?! Sorry to say this Gameloft, but you are only made for FPS-online gaming. I love NOVA2 and MC2, but DH2 and this MMO... this MMO is going to the grave. How hard is it to give us 60s CONTENTS?! What does it take to make pvp gear buyable from honor you get by ganking eachother?! It just requires that, just that to keep us active for months.

I quit, going back to NOVA2, its the same companys game.. i cant wait for the Unreal FPS they are releasing later.

14. Livett

Livett Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Oxford
    They won't the raise the level cap for ages. What is with you lot.

I also think a little looking around youd have realised this patch was never meant to add a great deal just address a few things. The update in July is when dungeons and ( I'm assuming ) higher level content is added.

You only have yourself to blame that you hyped up something that clearly wasn't from day one.

Ps, I'm not a fanboy or game loft lover. I'm not dropping the game but have been playing less until they sort out some of my concerns.

15. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
  16. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    And I hadn't seen the armour for real money thing. Thats dissapointing. Other than that it's still the best MMO on iOS, so it is not like we have a lot of choice if MMOs are what we like. Pocket Legends was as much a money sink for me, and I didnt even find it that good.

I just hope Gameloft speeds up and adds smaller updates faster, instead of trying to sell this minor fix as something great.

I do like the new human hair better than the old ones. At least thats something. ;)

17. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    For the price it was ok, but honetsky the grind is too high. The update gives nothing and in this game life end at ll57. As of then ... Boring.
    Now a super armour set for 95 runes .... Greedy greedy.

I will no prolong nice my period is over as a new update in july is never gonna happen. It is sad to thunk this is the best mmo on iOS .... Sad.