Questions About Minecraft PE

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dariusjr98, Apr 8, 2013.

1. I will put 10 bucks on my iTunes later, and I've been thinking about getting Minecraft PE for a while. I wasn't willing to spend to spend 7 dollars if it isn't worth it. Answering my questions would really help me choose whether I should buy it or not?

-How much space does it take up? I only have 8GB, and only have about 339MB left
    -Can you craft lots of things?
    -Is there any technical issues on iPhone 4? Like lag or constant crashing?
    -No need to compare this PE to the PC/360 edition, but think about it as it's own game. Be honest: is it worth $7? I'm trying to be careful with my money.

Thanks in advance.

2. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Oops, i answer in the quoute :D

3. Uh, sorry, but none but one of your answers helped at all.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    My install is 4.1 MB installed with a good handful of worlds. It's pretty small.

You can craft all sorts of things. The crafting UI is menu driven, more like the 360 version.

Runs great on my iPhone4. Like butter with fancy graphics off, a tad slower with them on.

It's well worth it if you want to play the real thing - it has the same 'feel' as the PC version. Survival mode is well fleshed out, more so than I ever expected (I thought it would be geared more towards creative, as it was originally.) Multiplayer is great if you have someone to play with (and online is coming soon)

The one thing I don't like about it is world size - it's a measly 128x128 blocks. Enough to play, but you can't really explore.

If you want a Minecraft experience on iOS, but aren't dead set on the real thing I would recommend checking out some of these:

Eden: World Builder - Creative mode only, but has HUGE worlds, and runs fast. You can easily trade worlds online as well.

Junk Jack - Best 2D Minecraft I've played on any platform, with controls built for a touch screen from the ground up, and LOTS to build & do. Creative and Survival modes are present & you can manually transfer worlds through File Sharing in iTunes.

Both of these have great developers, have received numerous updates and will cost you considerably less than MC:pE.

5. Thanks so much bruh! I think I'll get Minecraft and Junk Jack.

6. Vector

Vector Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    California
    Worth it! each world you save is 10mb....