iPhone Companions - Dungeon-Crawler/RPG by smuttlewerk interactive

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smuttlegiaco, May 26, 2011.

1. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Try Ravenmark. Much closer to Wesnoh.

2. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hi Monolith,

the game is totally different from Wesnoth.

Wesnoth -> turn-based, Companions -> real-time (with pause option)
    Wesnoth -> pure strategy game, Companions -> RPG/Tactical game

Have a look at "Time of Heroes", our second game. It's much more like Wesnoth and it's currently on sale. If you are into deep strategy games, I think you will like it. :)

3. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
  4. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    sry about the use of the word "real". everyone has its own definition of these kind of things.

there are some great differences which will make Orc a success

- big publisher (-> marketing)
    - 3D state of the art graphics (producers are industry verterans, not some first timers like we were back then)
    - action RPG
    - higher production value than Companions
    etc.etc.

I haven't played it yet, but it looks like a cool game. have fun with it!

5. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Update?

Hey guys,
    I just saw your update but when i press it it say item is no longer available.
    When i press your game on the appstore the window opens up, but it remains all white, waiting tomload.
    I have it installed and am still on ios 10.3.
    Do you know what might be happenning?
    By the way thanks for the update, this and dreamquest was the main reason for still not updating for ios11, since almost all the other games inhave had been updated (bar one or two that i don't really care about anymore).

6. Avaniar

Jul 26, 2016
    I think it might have something to do with me being in Portugal. Please check that it is available worldwide ( i did buy it here in Portugal)

7. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Hi Avaniar, unbelievable - there are still players of our firstborn! :) Ralph couldn't resist making the game iOS11 compatible. But with a 6-7 year old game, not updated for 4 years, things had to go wrong. While the update worked, important ingame functions suddenly stopped working alltogether - like pathfinding- (we think it has to do with the 64bit thing). Because of this, we pulled the game alltogether.

Ralph will have a look at it in his sparetime. When?, I can't tell. With christmas coming, we have to put out a few more patches for Fleet Battle, the game that pays our bills. and this sucks up our time.

8. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Thankyou for the update... I hope things get ironed out soon and the game returns to the store.

9. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    I've got the same issue

iOS 10.3 also

10. Avaniar

Jul 26, 2016
    True

Hehe, true, and i love the game.
    Ok so, an update to iron everything out will be coming, in the near future, which is a good thing. The game got pulled out, which is a bad thing, because if i delete it then i might not be able to redownload it.
    I will maintain like it is, until we get the update, otherwise i won't be able to play it :)
    Thanks once again.

11. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    While I can't actually see it yet, apparently an update was just released that makes Companions iOS 11 compatible.

This was the game that took my hand and led me straight towards Baldurs Gate and other epic Rpg's many years ago. And now, many years later (after having played Baldurs Gate EE 1&2) I still think I enjoyed playing this way more than BG.