Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Did you just win, and send an Emerald Tingo? I accepted something mid-hop in the pond (hate that!) without seeing what it was, or who it came from. Had to go to the MB to find out what I had accepted!

If not you, then thank you, mystery benefactor!

Edit: never mind, I just saw Dean's post. Thank you!

2. zeady

zeady Active Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I just sent one. Now you have two!

3. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Yay for you! Life is too short for hopping from this to that, IMO. ((OK, :::armor on::: shoot me, you 'dexers!);)

It was waaaay easier to see a message like "Do you want to send SnappyMcFrog 15 mosquitos." HATE this gift receiving/message method. Too clumsy & prone to error.

Huh?! Really?! You're asking me?! Moi??? Surely you jest. I'm someone who stumbled blindly into this game, loved the community & stayed for the company. Better to ask a power player.

Yeah, Nirtew, that's what they ALL say! You two are in cohoots or whatever they call it down under. I know you're secretly plotting to take over, well, something...

Don't have any of those frogs but others need them more then me. Assume they will PM you.

Yay! for the fix by NB; total indifference to leaderboards.

Nah! Working on bailing out parts of NJ.

4. AndiNZ1970

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    I totally do! Thank you!!

5. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    #24625 SnappyMcfrog, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    Keeping track of gifts in PF:

Good evening to all:

Still clearing the backlog from Plus+ mailbox cloud queue. Will update soon. But, I have accepted GC friends requests who I recognized from the trading thread or previous trading. :)

They way I kept track of gifts with Plus+ will be mostly the same once I update. It was not my idea, but borrowed from someone else here (perhaps Dlstar?). I take a screen shot using the home and power buttons simultaneously on my iPod Touch when receiving or sending gifts. These appear in the Photos App. I then sync with iTunes/iPhoto and try to reciprocate after attempting to verify using previous screenshots or memory that the gift did not come from the recipient. I used to keep a notepad for gifts, but it was taking way too much time. :)

From what I have seen, most of the new breeds look cool. The Papillo appears quite lepidopterous. I appreciate the feature that the new breeds can be found in the pond and that they appear in requests too. :cool:

Speaking of updates, it appears Apple has recently released the 6.01 update for iOS. Will install after PF update, just in case.

6. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Sending out a starter set for you.

7. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    ooops :) Sent you a frog today. Was just checking out my friends list and could not view your habitats and realized my mistake. Hopefully the frog will be waiting for you. Be sure to let us know when you join us.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    #24628 CygnetSeven, Nov 3, 2012
    On it. Warning, it's my least favorite of the new frogs. Pocket Frogs meets Mickey Mouse.

Edit: Zeady, your is ready as soon as you accept my game center request.

9. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Yup. Been there done that.
    Thanks.

10. LauraFitz4

LauraFitz4 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    I ended up blowing around 130 stamps to get all through my mailbox queue before updating. Since I had taken a little break, and was working my way back through past sets, Thankfully I had gathered up quite a stockpile.

I also mistakenly sent frogs to danjarus and Snappy today through GameCenter, not knowing that you hadn't updated yet, so I hope they are waiting for when you do switch over.

I will have 2 starter sets of the Trick or Treat weekly set shortly, first two to speak up (and to provide a GameCenter name to send them to)can have 'em.

I have experienced a low percent chance of getting a new breed when breeding an old with a new breed in the pond so far, maybe 1 out of 10 or so actually produces a new breed, and they seem to be so few/far between, but I guess it's that much more exciting when it actually works, huh?

11. dudette0980

dudette0980 Member

Mar 20, 2011
    #24631 dudette0980, Nov 3, 2012
    A Few Questions

I have a few questions about the game....

1. My pocket frogs won't let me open any habitats besides the nursery. Is that normal for the new update? How can I fix it? It is making me wait like forever and it won't even open.

2. I don't see any of the new frogs???? What level do they start showing up on?

3. My froggydex isn't showing all of my frogs only about 15 different ones when I have more.

4. Can someone help me with the trick or treat set? I would breed some, but I can't really open up my froggydex or habitats. I will pay after.

5. (this relates to the 1st and 3rd) I can reset the game or download is again because it took me a very long to time to fix my game so I could get my frogs back.

6. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!! :)

12. Maholah

Maholah Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2010
    #24632 Maholah, Nov 3, 2012
    Laura, may I have a set, please? I'm trying to catch the new frogs--while working and writing a term paper. Thanks!

Let me know what new frogs you need, and I'll see if I can help.

My GC name is Maholah--figured I'd keep it simple for everyone. ;-)

EDIT: Never mind, Laura. I see some people need the whole set, not just starters. I'll just get to it later. But I'm adding you on GC anyway, and you can still post what you need. :) (I don't have all of them yet myself, so no guarantees.)

13. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    That's the one!
    Thanks

14. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    Hello, all!

Thanks to those who have generously sent me new breeds; I am trying to send back new breeds as well, though I have the feeling that all of you guys are way ahead of me. I've got about fifteen or so of the new ones, and am enjoying piling them up, no rush.

I'm almost done dexing Floresco (so expect some gifts of those as I sell off my breeders!), so I figured what the heck, my next dexing project will be one of the new ones. So I chose the first one I was gifted in the pond: a Fortuno. Something like 96 flies to tame one, yikes! But, along and along I'll be gifting them out to my usual trading buddies. :D It's kind of neat to be able to give something "useful" to my (formerly) 100% froggy friends. I set up brand new pages in my gifting notebook with everyone's new GC id's and "post-update" trades. Good to see some familiar names again!

Will have the weekly set soon and, considering how my friends usually give *me* the set, I'll be proud to give it out to someone instead. Maholah, I'll be happy to send you the set! You've gifted to me like crazy in the past; it's time for payback! LOL

Gosh, hope they fix that "NEW" thing on the gifts soon! That's the only real gripe I have about this update. Some little peculiarities to deal with, like the new gifting setup, but I'll adjust.

--Q

15. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Yes, we have. As I recall, the choice buttons were "Accept" and "Sell this frog for x", where x was one-half its value.
    Someone whose hasn't updated can verify that.

16. zeady

zeady Active Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I know when someone gifts you a frog it says that, but I think it always said "Accept" or "No Thanks" in the pond. I didn't pay attention if it gave coins when you hit no thanks.

17. AndiNZ1970

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Correct, accumulating coins from unwanted pond presents is a new, and welcome, addition. You only got coins from selling items that were gifted to you, before.

18. huttican

huttican Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    new breeds help

hey all,
    I play pf for a long time tho new to this forum. But some may recognize me from now dead NB support page.
    I figured it takes months to collect all new breeds using frogmart. So i would love to have any new breed other than tabula and aceris as a gift or trade.
    Also i have 1/3 of old dex so can send anything if you ask sooner or later.

gc account is hutt
    regards

19. Spearcom

Spearcom Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Thanks to everyone for the frogs. I m going to gift a bunch of rogs when i wake up tomorrow so i ask of you that if you havent updated yet you delete me from gs just until you update. I will also delete any of you just in case you dont see this message. I will look to see if you have any new frogs in your habs so make sure you have at least one. Also i you want some send me a frend request ASAP. See ya tomorrow.

20. bezoar

bezoar Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Be aware that you get coins from pond presents only if you decide to sell them from the pond, and not if you try to accept it into a full mailbox.

So when pond hopping, it's a good idea to know whether your mailbox is full, so you don't accept a present into a full mailbox, resulting in both not getting the present AND not getting the coins for selling it.

Thanks to spearcom, AndiNZ, javar1ch, Seeddy, and MartiNZ for the frog gifts -- you should have received return deliveries :)