iPhone Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KatieHal, Feb 22, 2013.

1. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Hello! I'm Katie Hallahan, one of the developers of Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, an episodic point-and-click adventure game coming to the iPad on February 28th!

What's Cognition?

In Cognition, you take on the role of Erica Reed, a Boston-based FBI Agent who uses her ability of post-cognition, which allows her to touch objects and see visions of the past, to hunt down serial killers, always hoping she'll find the one who killed her younger brother Scott three years ago but was never caught.

Episode 1: The Hangman: When Erica and her partner John, the only one who knows her secret, investigate the crime scene of a brutal hanging of an unidentified man, Erica begins finding clues specifically for someone with her ability, Who's leaving these clues? How do they know about what she can do, and what do they want from her?

One of IndieGames.com's Top 10 Adventures of 2012, Episodes 1 and 2 are already out for PC & Mac, and we're very excited that Cognition Episode 1 will be available on the iPad on Februrary 28th.

LINKS

Touch Arcade Sneak Peek Promo Code Giveaway

Episode 1 iPad Trailer

Facebook

Twitter

Greenlight

PC/Mac Gameplay Trailer

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I'm looking forward to this -- and I hope we'll see Episode 2 for the iPad sometime in the near future :)

3. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Very interesting game!!!

4. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Thanks folks! Yeah, we're working on the iPad versions for the remaining/upcoming Episodes currently. :)

5. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Btw do you already have a price in mind for the App??This game will be a good encore after
    The year walk experience..

6. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    It will be on sale for $3.99 when we first release; regular price will be $4.99.

7. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Sold!!!Day one purchase confirmed :)..

8. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Nice! High five! :D (and enjoy the full game!)

9. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    What's the approximate size of the installed game?

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woh... this looks good. Dunno how i missed this, but definitely a day one puchase.

EDIT: ah... i missed this coz it's on the upcoming ipad games section which i rarely visit.

11. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    #11 KatieHal, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    Corey-- I know the PC version is about 1 gb, but we did a lot of optimizing for the iPad. I'll look into that answer for you.

Answer found: about 650 megs :)

We release tomorrow--I'm so excited! Our iPad debut:)

12. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    I'll wait till this hits my time zone,btw there's a main thread about this game on the iPad section..people seem to have questions over there..you might want to check it out..good luck and hope it will be a successful release..btw are episodes 2 and so forth separate apps or IAP purchases??

13. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Thanks--I'll head over there to answer them. :)

The second episode isn't yet out on iPad, we're working on the port though. Our aim is to make it an IAP, but that *may* be subject to change.