Universal Block Fortress: War - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I believe you put 2 fingers down and drag the screen... if I'm remembering correctly.

2. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Yes, that is right. You can also change it to Drag control, which in my honest opinion, feels much more comfortable.

3. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Ah yes, changed to drag and things make more sense. Thanks guys.

4. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Its a good game but gets very difficult later on.

5. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    If you figure out great unit equip combinations, and use your hero to his fullest advantage, then the difficulty is massively reduced. Say for example you use Dreadnaught on a Blockoid campaign mission. He's amaziiiiiiingggg for soaking up damage, while your units return the fire.

I used to win Blockoid v. Zomblock games easily that way, especially with the enemy using Radioactive.

6. rodz'ski

rodz'ski Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    So Cal
    It would be cool if we can fight your own race you choose. I've always wanted to play zomblocks vs. zomblocks

7. Apricosomoso

Apricosomoso Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
  8. vilenurgle

vilenurgle Member

Mar 13, 2014
    None I'm a bum
    Ny ny
    Needs co-op

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Haha, yup

10. CatoSicarius

CatoSicarius Active Member

Hi Foursaken :)
    Can you tell us the sales of Block Fortress: War?

11. bear-man

bear-man Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    How does this run on iPod 4? I've had a lot of problems with games like this in the past, and I just want to be sure. Would be an instabuy, otherwise. Love the stuff you make, foursaken!

12. XenoCrusade

XenoCrusade Member

Jul 1, 2014

Arguably one of the most terrifying factions in PvP out there, if not handled quickly and correctly. The first Zomblock hero can outright break barracks in less than 10 strikes by himself if you take too long in the fight, especially if you don't stop him from farming and leading the EXP game. Love Overlord to death.

That aside, I was just wondering if there's still any planned to-do's for this title? I got it a year ago, and the premise of how the game works back then irked me. Tried it for realsies now, and I can't help but want more.

Is there a plan to add more content into the game, or perhaps stir a sequel? Not even co-op survival for two or four players? Level Editor? That would sound really heavenly for a game with this much charm that even I didn't notice back then.

13. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    They had talked about a map editor but I don't think the sales justified doing much more with the game.. they do have a large update coming for Block Fortress early part of year, with mech and other additions... I'm hoping we see the other Block Fortress War races in the game but will enjoy whatever they do!

14. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Beat this months ago and just reinstalled on my iPhone 6 to relive the glory. What a great game.

15. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I miss multiplayer on this. Can't find anyone now.

16. JaredG

JaredG Member

Nov 12, 2015
    Ipod 4 In this game work?

17. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Yeah, it was fun!

Back in the days of running computers on LANs at friends' houses, we used to set up planned times to play the games in the evenings if we didn't want to haul our desktop across campus ha! Then to make sure we were all online at the sametime...

I've thought about organizing some Block Fortress and Block Fortress:War multiplayer nights... but, we are aroud-the-world here at TA, so don't know if we'd be able to hit everyone...

Worth a shot, though! I'll try and schedule something next week. Any days/times work for others?

Also... Jamie, Connor, etc.... this game would be pretty marvelous for an iPad Pro update, with full/semi-full RTS touch controls and what not... don't you think? Maybe even a Block Fortress 2 that marries both BFW and BF together in an amazing union of awesome sauce? :D