iPad [Pulled] PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2 )by TransGaming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    You're correct, chapter 1 is the original game, and chapters 2 and 3 (which I haven't played yet) were expansion packs and are only available to access after completing chapter 1.

Puzzle Quest 2 is a completely different game and different from PQ1 Ch 2, if that makes sense.

2. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Hmm, I still find it weird that 'Puzzle Quest Chapter 1 & 2' for iPhone was 3.99, and 'Puzzle Quest HD' with all of the chapters is only 2.99.

3. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    #723 Yume, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
    I was just wondering, why isn't this in the iTunes store anymore?

4. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

It was removed around the same time that Puzzle Quest 2's Freemium version was released.

5. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Well, that sucks ....

6. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    What! When did this happen? I went to reinstall it from from itunes and it was gone, couldn't find any news about it, nothing on appshopper...its almost like it never existed.

7. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I've spoken to the devs over Twitter. The app was pulled at the behest of someone else (presumably either Infinity Interactive, the developers of the original game, or D3 Publisher, the publishers of the original game), and will not be coming back under any circumstances.

I pointed out that this might not endear Transgaming to the iOS crowd, to which they replied that they know, sad smiley, but it was completely out of their hands.

8. Thaurin

Thaurin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Wait, what? Well, that sucks. I don't think I have it in my iTunes library anymore after several HD crashes.

Jailbreak/pirating then, huh?

9. dmyers

dmyers Active Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I was disappointed to find this out a couple of days ago when looking for it. Fortunately, I purchased the iPhone version years ago (haven't installed it on my last two iPhones). I found I could still download it by going to App Store > Purchased > Not on this iPad > iPhone.

10. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Alright I had it backed up so I transfered it over. I had the free version then purchased all 3 chapters and I also had Puzzle Quest Chapter 1.

I put both on then tried the free one first to restore my purchases but the App crashed non stop. I tried everything and it still crashed furthest I got was to the IAP screen.

Then I loaded the Puzzle Quest Chapter 1 I had and it worked great so out of curiousity I went to the IAP section and tried to restore, obviously it found nothing but for some reason even though the App is removed from the App Store it let me purchase Chapters 2 & 3. Not sure if I should bring this to Apples attention or not.

11. dammskog

dammskog Member

Dec 18, 2010
    greedy bastards

those greedy ####ing bastards

tried to redownload on my new 5s and cant find it
    only fremiium pay to win puzzle quest 2

12. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    You assign greed to their motivations but let's be honest here-- it was released in December 2008 (nearly FIVE YEARS AGO) and was last updated to be compatible for iOS5 and was pulled from the store in 2012. I'm sure that converting PQ2 to freemium did have something to do with the decision, but it was also a very old game by mobile standards.

Apart from mega blockbusters like Angry Birds, few of my 1st gen iPhone games work on current devices and operating systems.

13. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    If you have this game on your purchased list you are still able to purchase the IAP for Chapter 3.

I just purchased it an hour ago, it unlocks the expansion pack.

14. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Thanks so much for bringing this up. This was always my favourite (compared to PQ2) and I'd assumed it was gone for good. Found it in purchase history and restored Chapter 3 no problems also. Can't believe it still works in these days of iOS updates breaking games.

15. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I actually purchased the IAP which I never got round to buying back when it got released. I always thought that when it got removed from the App Store you couldn't buy the IAP any more.

I've always loved this game, I played it for countless hours on my DS back in the day.

I still available on the DSi shop on the 3DS if you prefer the pen input touch screen.

16. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    We're these the original devs? Or do they have the rights to this game? Not that I care because PQ was my favorite and still is so ill download it anyways but still (;

Damn did this get pulled or something? Not available in US store ):

17. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Wondering the same thing. I can't download it anymore from my past purchases and would love to give this another go, since I never finished it.

18. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #738 Misguided, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    This is the original iOS dev, yes. Does it work (for those that grabbed it). The original PQ hasn't worked in AGES. Where did it go? I'm going to cry

Version is listed as 2.1.2, which was released in 2012. Glitch in the matrix?

19. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    #739 ramon31, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    If you have purchased it, it is still available on your purchased list.

You have to search it as Puzzlequest, with no space between the words.

The IAP still work also, all the purchases and the restores.

This game was pulled ages ago, around when Puzzle Quest 2 came out.

The game is running perfectly on my iPhone 6s running iOS 10 beta.

20. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Damn can't seem to find it on my iPhone anymore ):