Revolt (Submitted)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Graphicalgeek, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graphicalgeek

Graphicalgeek Well-Known Member

#1 Graphicalgeek, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
    Revolt releases Nov 1st!

Hello everyone,

My name is Kristopher Peterson and I'd like to share with you the trailer to a game that I've been working on for quite some time now called Revolt.

Revolt is a 3d dual stick shooter set in the future, where a devastating virus has wiped out most of humanity, and machines have risen up to exterminate the remains of the population. You must take control of Guy, a reistance fighter who has infiltrated into enemy territory, to battle against the robotic hordes and blast through a series of sabotage missions deep in the underground catacombs of a robot factory and beyond. Turning the enemies technology against them, you'll wield powerful weapons to fight your way to the heart of the cybernetic machine core to discover the source of the deadly virus and uncover who or what is behind the plot to wipe out mankind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7icBAVLst8&feature=channel

Features

8 Story Levels and 20 Survival Arenas - Spend hours battling across a multitude of varying locations in your quest to stop the machines. Survival Mode features random enemy and random map selection so you'll never play the same game twice!

15 Weapons - 5 different weapon types all with unique properties and abilities. Use your Rifle to run and gun, throw Grenades over barriers, lay down suppressing fire with your Heavy MG, or send rockets and missiles directly into the enemy with your Launcher weapons.

8 Unique Enemy Types - Each enemy has their own set of strengths, weaknesses, and behaviors with different weapon types working better against different enemies.

Purchase-able Upgrades - Use the scrap and technology from destroyed enemies to create and upgrade your weapons and armor.

Advanced Gameplay - Fast paced, strategic gameplay! Use obstacles to take cover behind or out maneuver your enemy, manage your ammo and grenade supply across your weapon types, coordinate your weapon reloads so you aren't left high and dry, and use dive rolling to dodge fire and blasts.

Destructible Environments - Deny your enemies a place to hide, or use the environments explosive properties to your advatage, almost every object in the game can be destroyed with enough firepower. Leave the battlefield a smoking crater field in your wake!

3 Difficulty Modes - A game for every level of player ability.

Kickass 3d Graphics - Sharp 3d environments and beautifully animated characters are punctuated with intense visual special effects.

Killer Music and Sound Effects - Professional sound track creates an eerie atmospheric mood setting with hard hitting sound effects that drive home the on screen action!

Open Feint and Game Center Achievement and High Score Leaderboards - Boost your Rating and try to get the best score on the block!

http://revoltgame.blogspot.com/

Planned Updates

Multiplayer
    Character Skill system
    More Levels
    More Weapons
    More Enemies

Attached Files:

2. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Wow, Kristopher

Nice way to make your debut here... :D Dare I ask if this has been submitted yet to the Appstore? I ask only as it looks 1) v.polished and, 2) awesome! :eek:

3. Graphicalgeek

It hasn't been submitted yet. There's about a few weeks left to finish the game up and then a few more weeks of testing and polish.

Thanks! :)

4. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Well, good luck! Polished enough to eat my dinner off? I think so! I think the TA crowd will go crazy over this... ;)

5. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Germany
    hey, this looks good, sounds good and if it feels good, it is good :)

really nice special effects and graphics.

does this game use any 3gs-enahncements, curious because it looks really cool....

6. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    IT
    Wow! Nice job. Game looks like a winner. Count me in when you are ready to release it.

7. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

wow! this may just become the greatest dual stick shooter in my collection! along with minigore of course

8. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

This looks amazing.

9. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    Well, this certainly caught my eye. Looks great, and you gotta love blasting malevolent robots in the future :)

10. enkein

enkein Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Latvia , Riga
    realy nice, realy !!

11. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! looks realy realy good dual stick if the dual sticks are good then its a must buy

12. WunDaii

Lots of hype should be built up right about now.

13. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Yup.

Those are some killer 3D graphics!

14. WunDaii

It looks extremely content-heavy too.

15. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    z:eek:mg1 z:eek:mg1 z:eek:mg1
    n'uff said :p

Wht is the Pricing?
    Do U want any of us to TEST it Kristopher? :D

16. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

Stunning! Definately gonna give old John and Bob a run for their money!

17. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Looks really good! So, does it have 3GS/iPT3G enhancements? :eek:

18. Graphicalgeek

Not exactly sure yet. I would like to do a 2 week release discount thing though when the time comes.

We've already got some testers lined up but I'll make sure to post here if we are looking for more, thanks!

19. Graphicalgeek

The ejecting shell casings might be a 3GS only feature as the physics for them is costly on the weaker cpu's of the older generation hardware.

20. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    some nice looking graphics there. it's nice to see it has story-line aswell AND loooads of weapons. Can't wait. 3Gs enhancements sound cool too.