Universal Forever Lost ( by Glitch Games )

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GlitchGames, Oct 1, 2012.

1. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    We're going to be putting a lot more story elements in the next episode, we held back in ep1 as we weren't sure what people wanted and didn't want to overload players. Now we know people want more we will be aiming to provide it.

2. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thanks for getting it and thank you again for the review! Both REALLY help us keep going :)

3. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    We're trying to get nominated for Best Adventure Game in the Best App Ever awards so if you get a chance please consider voting for Forever Lost here. It only takes a second and please also share it with anyone you think might do the same :)

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You got my vote. I have to say I'm quite unimpressed with the broadness of the category, however. Doesn't seem fair to have Forever Lost competing against the likes of Galaxy On Fire, which is a completely different type of game.

5. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thanks for the vote!

It does seem that the term "Adventure Game" really doesn't mean the same thing as it used to, i.e. a game in a similar style to the game "Adventure". Now it just seem to be any game where you move around.

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sadly it's been that way for quite a while. I remember being blown away by "adventure game" sites that would be headlining games like Return To Wolfenstein. It's a shame really. I do you wish you the best of luck in the competition, though.

7. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Pretty much takes away the point of having genres in the first place if they are that broad.

Thanks! We're not really expecting to win, especially considering as you say we are up against games like GOF, but either way it will be interesting to see what happens.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    If nothing else, at least it's another way to get noticed.

9. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    That's true yea :D

10. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Forever Lost is free today! Pick it up while you can :)

11. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    We just announced Mixis, a music creation app to be released on the 10th of Jan, read more about it here - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2612439

Although not in any way, shape or fashion is it similar to Forever Lost we thought it'd be good to post about it here anyway.

12. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
  13. sstackho

sstackho Member

Aug 20, 2011
    At the beginning of Chapter 2, if I look at the thing with the "turn both keys at the same time" screen, I am not able to exit this screen. I can look at the briefcase contents, but the back arrow does nothing, nor can I take a photo. I need to force close the app in order to play again.

Is this another bug?

14. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Sadly that is a bug yes but it is easy to fix, just follow the steps for the second issue listed here - http://www.glitchgames.co.uk/bugs/forever-lost-episode-1/

An actual fix is coming in 1.3 so people won't hit this issue again.

15. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    How's part 2 coming along?

16. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    We're still working on it, it's going to be a bigger game so it is taking a while but we are *aiming* for a Spring release. Can't guarantee that though :)

17. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Happy to say that the SD version of Forever Lost has now been approved and is going to released at midnight tonight. It is now under 50mb so it fits under the 3G limit.

However chances are anyone reading this thread already has the HD version so it probably isn't of much interest to you anyway :)

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'll pick this up later, not that i'm cheap or that ! Space is quite tight on my machine at the moment so a 50 meg install doesnt sound too bad

19. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thank you very much, we fully understand about the size issues. Games are getting bigger and bigger nowadays because of all the Retina devices ( I'm looking at you new/4th iPad ).

20. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    [​IMG]

Very happy to say that Forever Lost: Episode 1 has been nominated for Best Mobile Adventure of 2012 ( not even by us I might add :) ) for JayIsGames.com, info about the competition is here - http://jayisgames.com/best-of/2012/

If you think it deserves the win then please consider voting for it, you can do this once a day each day ( so please do ;) ) up until the 27th. Also, if you do please consider ticking the Game of the Year checkbox at the top each time -
    http://jayisgames.com/best-of/2012/mobile/adventure/