Scary AppStore bug

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by aikavari, Feb 3, 2014.

1. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    #1 aikavari, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    So I logged into my AppStore account just now. I'm trying to download Meltdown which I know I purchased before but instead of the cloud and downward arrow we all know and love, I'm greeted by a button with the numbers 2.99 on it. Now I went to the Top Apps page where I know I have quite a few purchased games lingering and sure enough, all of them have their costs on the button.

Now I'm sure I'm in the right store. I logged in twice and rebooted to make sure of that...

Have you guys experienced this before? We're you able to resolve it?

EDIT: so I tried downloading a game I know I downloaded recently and *gasp* it requested for my password... I'm tempted to try "buy"-ing a game I knew I purchased recently just to see what will happen...

2. MinusZero

MinusZero Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2014
    It's happened to me before. I went to "buy" again and got a notice saying I had already bought it. Re-downloaded without paying again.
    If it bills you again just find the old email with the purchase receipt, request a refund.

3. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    That's good advise. I'll give it a shot.

4. Sometimes it takes about 15 min for the appstore purchased info to download. Wait a bit, it should come out if it is scary.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Wouldnt say its scary, if you click buy i bet it'll say 'you've already purchased this item, download for free ?'. If somehow it didnt then just contact Apple who could easily see if you have just bought it again as they'll refund you.

6. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    Considering how many games I've purchased since 2009, the thought of my purchase list disappearing is definitely scary...

7. Yeah, if it did disappear, it would be scary. :)

8. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    It happens, you just gotta reboot your device to fix the bug.

9. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    When rebooting is the answer, won't we all be better off running Windows Phone? Wasn't iOS based on OSX which was based on Unix, which is a system that does not go down?

10. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    Nope, tried that as well among many things...

11. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

It's impossible to purchase the same thing twice with the same account. Once I was charged again for downloading a Kairosoft game (I don't remember which), and a couple of days later I received stating the refund, without even asking for it. (I didn't remember if I buy the game before)

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    This is a sign... someone shut down this forum and let's all just go do charity work with our free time instead.

13. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    One thing I have noticed is that games I've gotten with a promo code no longer sync to my iTunes on the PC, noticed this in the last few days and it's happened with a couple, going to game on the App Store gives the price instead of the cloud thing that it used to do. I just figured appled had maybe changed the system.

14. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

You can request a refund? Never knew that. If it's possible I'll request refunds for crappy apps that I buy. I'm pretty sure there is a date by which you can't get a refund anymore. ( if possible)

15. MinusZero

MinusZero Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2014
    If you ask apple for a refund because a game is "crappy" they won't be giving it.
    I've asked for 2 refunds, in 3-4 years, both because Apps would not even boot up. If you ask for too many or for non compatibility issues, you won't get refunds even when you should be.

16. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    The problem fixed itself a couple of hours ago... I don't know, maybe the AppStore can't handle the number of downloads I've made along the years. :p

17. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    This happens every so often. Sometimes a reboot works, other times it just seems to go away with time. However, I have NEVER been charged twice for an app before, nor have I heard of anyone being double charged.

Nobody has ever been better off running Windows Phone :rolleyes: :p

EDIT:

Didn't see that the problem was fixed - it does that sometimes, glad it's working again!

18. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    I actually own a windows phone to compliment my iPad. One thing I noticed when I switched from Android is that I actually use my phone most of the time for calling and SMS than anything else... You know, like a PHONE!

LOL

19. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    It happen to me like 10 mins ago. I simply signed out of my Apple ID then in again to fix.

20. Of course you can get refunds, apple is usually pretty generous for the first couple.