Another thread requesting name changes

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by tso5818, Oct 9, 2012.

1. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    If I can get everyone to at-least post 1 time saying yes to this suggestion and a quick comment saying why you would like this, that would be great. If I get more than 100 members saying yes, I will try to ask Eli(The TA creator I think) to add it.

The Suggestion

A 1 time username change, for the people that don't like there user name that they have chosen.

2. I think it is a good idea, not that I would. And issues would arise if people wanted the same name. But otherwise cool.

3. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Well, I posted this because all the people that have names, like take my for example, has numbers in it. I don't want my username to look like it does. Would be cool to change it once again after you registered. Kind of like a "ohh I didn't want that name" moment.

For the issues that would arise, it would be first come, first serve. Right?
    There are bunch of website, games, forums, ect out there that have tons of names. I don't ever see people complaining about the name a person wanted and someone else took it. I do get your point though.

So would your post be a "YES"?

Last, could you PM me, telling me how I could post a vote poll in this thread? Only I can control, like I can tally up all the yes votes on this thread and enter the total amount of yes's?

4. Yeah, I would support this, maybe once a year thing would be cool or something, but why do you have numbers in your name if you didn't want them? I thought when I registered I got to choose any name unless it was already taken. Usually I go by Connector777 since Connector is sometimes taken on large sites. This site I noticed Connector was free so I got it cause I too like it better without numbers.

So are you saying you want TSO by itself, and isn't it already taken? Or do you just want to change your handle entirely? And can't one just use another email address and reregister? This is probably frowned upon, but I'm sure could be done I would think.

About adding polls to the thread, I got no idea, never did it before. But I should try sometime since I am a senior idiot that does post alot of garbage for sure. :D

5. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Haha for sure, for the last part you said haha.
    Well I wasnt in the thinking mood, a couple of names was already registered so I stuck with this one. It's my initials and ID #'s for high school. Haha.

I did register as another account, but I am never on the other one. I posted 1 time. It's called Elivate.

I want to change my whole handle, to Evate or lower evate, I love the meaning of it.

If I stuck with the other account I made, it would be difficult to tell everyone who i am lol. Like the developers, contests, ect.

P.S. Could we delete accounts? I could delete this account and write in my signature on the other account, who I am.

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    To add a poll - click "thread tools" on top of the page and then "add poll". This will be open for all members to vote on.

As for deleting accounts - we can ban them, but just don't post and it won't be active. Why would you want to lose the post history anyway?

Name changes - only admins can do that. It's not THAT difficult, but it is a hassle and they are busy / lazy, so you'd never get it done even if it was allowed.
    Personally, I'm against the idea. You've chosen a name, you've reached a certain amount of renown under it, you should stick with it. If you want a new one, open a new account and only post there. It will be one huge mess if everyone is allowed to change names.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Another name change ?

Looking at his account he used to have a different name before the new tso one anyway, you want to change it again ?

8. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Actually tso was my very first account made on TA, then after a year I got tired of this lame name with numbers in it, there for I made another account. I posted once on a thread and hadn't got on it since. If you could check the dates on the other account(s), you will see what I am talking about.

I just want a simple name change. I don't want to lose my post history, because that would be a hassle, hard way to get the people that know this account, to know another account.

Just saying, this is/was my very first TA account.