Battleheart arena guide/tips

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Joechamone, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Joechamone

Joechamone New Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Hey guys,

I managed to get 85 kills on the third arena today. Someone else has probably beaten that by now, but I was pretty chuffed with myself so I decided to write a guide incase anyone else needs help. I'll start by talking about the character setup that I used then go into strategies and monster details for the arena itself.

All of my characters were lv 30+.

Shepherd
    Equip: Ancient Crystal Sword, Valiant Plate, Phasing Lodestone x 2 or Sharkul's Skull x 2.

Skills: Shield Wall, Intimidate, Chivalry, War Cry, Crippling Blows, Blitz, Fortress.

At first I thought that the Loadstones negated 20% of an attacks damage, but I think that they negate a full attack 20% of the time. This does stack so two of them means that you'll be taking no damage from almost half of all attacks that you receive. This is pretty cool but when you get into the 50's on the third arena and you do get hit, you're really going to miss those extra 20 defence points, so its up to you which trinkets you want to go with.

Lucille
    Equip: Rod of Singing Sapphires, Truth-Seeker's Wrap, Codex of Jabe x 2.

Skills: Group Heal, Shield, Discipline, Guardian Angel, Holy Embrace, Favored Soul, Desperate Prayer.

Garrick
    Equip: Wyvern's Bite, Assassin's Garb, Ancient Dragon Tooth, Choker of the Red Feast.

Skills: Enrage, Frenzy, Death Wish, Reckless Blow, Precision Strikes, Adrenaline Rush, Dismemberment.

Since Lucille's group heal spell only has an 8 sec cooldown with the Codex's, you can always substitute the Choker of the Red Feast for an attack/crit chance enhancing trinket if you want, you'll just have to pay closer attention to his health.

Thistle
    Equip: Ill Omen, Truth-Seeker's Wrap, Kaimani's Bloodstone x 2.

Skills: Meteor, Time Stop, Impact, Conflagrate, Mage Armor, Teleport, Concussive Shockwave.

You can change the Bloodstones for anything you want, the higher magic just helps her beat stuff down faster.

So that's the character setup, here's some info on monsters in priority order (in my opinion anyway).

Skeleton Mage/Healer
    Take these out as soon as they appear! They can be a pretty big pain in the ass if you leave them unchecked. Set everyone to attack them straight away, if you have trouble with them either pop time stop, meteor or conflagrate to disable them. Garrick's combo of enrage, then reckless blow, then frenzy all in a row will beat almost any enemy to a bloody pulp within seconds, just remember to pop group heal afterwards.

Skeleton Archers
    These guys can be a major pain if they appear in groups, and after the 50 mark just one can cause you a lot of trouble if left alone. They attack your whole party at random and aren't affected by war cry or melee attacks, so if a group all decide to attack Lucille or Thistle at once you're gonna be in for trouble. As with the mage, set everyone to attack it straight away if one appears, they go down pretty quickly. If two appear, pop conflagrate on one to disable it and give you time to take out the other. If three or more appear, pop time stop and every other skill at your disposal, focus on one at a time until they're all dead.

Red Bats
    These guys only switch they're attention by using war cry, so they can be annoying if it's on cooldown. If war cry is on cooldown then focus all of your attacks on the bat that isn't attacking Shepherd, they also go down pretty quick when you gang up on them. If war cry is available, just pop it and they're no problem to handle.

Red Slime
    Slimes also only switch they're attention by using war cry, and they pack a hell of a punch if you get hit! But they're pretty slow so they are easy to avoid.

Those are the only noteworthy monsters in my opinion, I'll go through the rest in the strategy.

STRATEGY

OK, so as soon as the fight begins start Lucille healing Shepherd and keep her that way for the rest of the battle. Also, constantly alternate popping Lucille's Shield and Shepherds Shield Wall when that runs out, for the entire fight. Shield Wall lasts for 20 seconds and Shield lasts for 10, so the other should always be ready when one runs out. For the melee mobs like blue goblins, skeleton swordsmen and green ogres, just have Shepherd attack them rather than wasting war cry to draw their attention, unless a large group of mobs appears all at once, use war cry if that happens. If a slime appears while war cry is on cooldown just use whichever character it is trying to attack to kite it around the arena (keep running laps of the arena so that it chases you but never gets close enough to attack you) until it's ready again.

It starts getting pretty tough once you get to around the late 40's in kills. Once you hit this mark don't use Shepherd to attack slimes and green ogres as he will go down pretty quick, instead use him to get their attention then kite them around while Garrick and Thistle take them out one at a time. This does take a little bit longer but is a lot safer than trying to stand up to them. The archers can be pretty dangerous at this point too. If one or two show up and take you by surprise, Thistle's time stop followed by Lucille's guardian angel then group heal can be a major lifesaver. Shepherd's intimidate can also be a big help at this late stage as it incapacitates enemies for quite a lengthy period of time, this is great on archers if they appear grouped together. If you get to the point that the enemies are damaging Shepherd more than he's being healed even when Lucille is using Shield and Guardian Angel, Keep him kiting enemies from then on and only use him to attack during time stop or intimidate.

And that's about it. I hope this helps, if I've missed anything or something is too brief then please let me know. Also, in another battleheart post MikaMobile said that the best weapons are given as rewards once you get past 50 kills in the third arena. The first time I did it I got about 55 kills and got Hammers of the Underkings, a 53 attack weapon for Garrick, then today when I got 85 kills I got the Armageddon Blades, a 60 attack weapon for Garrick. I was just wondering how many tiers of weapons there are as prizes for the arena and if they are given at random or if they get better in 10 kill increments after 50 or something like that?

2. dseb

dseb Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Good tips! And also, the highest level of items (Tier 9) start at 70 kills in the Doomvale arena, while Tier 8's start at 50 kills.

3. hypervision

hypervision Member

Feb 9, 2011
    #3 hypervision, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
    My setup , highest record @ 105..

All characters at lvl 30

Warrior - 2 codex (-12 sec cooldown)
    intimidate- war cry - fortress (to replace with revenge come 1.04)

Strategy : 2 codex with bard's buff (20% cooldown reduction rate) will give all warrior's skill a 12sec cooldown. I can keep shield wall up at all times and also spam fear (refresh with war cry to cast fear again) Any mobs above lvl 80 should not be tanked but rather feared when possible. Fortress is taken now at patch 1.03 due to revenge bug.

Bard - 2 codex
    song of vigor - stoicism -song of war - echo of renewal

Strategy : Buff warrior with stoicism, main healer. 2 Codex allows both songs to be up almost all the time

Witch - cursed eyeballs x2
    debilitate - horror - crushing despair

Strategy : Cursed eyeballs over codex here due to her skills having longer cooldowns. On a lucky streak, i can spam horror 2-3 times. The beauty here is that if you are lucky , you can get lifedrain + debilitate (added dmg) over 5 times on a single target. That with crushing despair (40% added dmg to lifedrain) can easily take out those archers at a faster rate :D

Mage - cursed eyeballs x2
    blizzard - conflagrate - concussive shockwave

Strategy : Blizzard whenever theres an archer mob, followed by conflagarate if there are multiple ones.

4. 130393

130393 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    #4 130393, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
    I suggest you to take 2 cursed eyeballs (30% remove cooldown) on mage with time stop,
    so when archers/slimes appear you have a 30% to use double or even triple time stop
    so you take WAY LESS damage or kill them by then.

there is also a good combinaton(in my opinion) of a barbarian and a rogue,
    the rouge expose weaknes + barbarians enrage+frenzy, a powerfull combo that kills everything in
    4-5 sec.

119 doomvale arena personal best score xd
    also forget about bard as healer =]

5. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Due to the multiplicative mechanic it appears that mika uses, each additional percent trinket (since you only have 2 slots, so that makes one additional) has either diminishing or increasing value.

Since this is giving a chance for no cooldown, I'd assume it would be decreased...

"Code for cooldown"...multiplier = 1 (where 1 means 100% chance for cooldown).

Wearing 1 trinket = 1 * .85 = 85% chance for no cooldown

Wearing 2 trinkets = 1 * .85 * .85 = 72.25% chance for no cooldown

Thus 1 trinkey is 15% and the second trinket is 12.25%.

Mika, if you are reading this, is this how it works?

6. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Great strategy guide, as more and more people beat the final boss the arena is where the replay action is. One strategy I use is to leave the Skeleton Healer for last (as long as he not causing too much trouble). As he can't harm anyone he just floats around healing himself allowing you to regroup, cool down and get ready for the next wave. Once everyone is healed and ready I'll pick him off with my monk and wizard.

7. 130393

130393 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    #7 130393, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
    so 2 cursed eyes wont give you 30% for no cool down?
    i didnt get it

8. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    They give you like 28% cooldown. Not a huge difference, but maybe considering the alternative.

Btw, the knight and revenge are now sick against ogres and red slimes if you have the cleric shield him.

9. Joechamone

Joechamone New Member

Feb 13, 2011
    @hypervision

Nice setup dude, Levelled and geared my bard and witch to give it a try and got 108 on doomvale! Wanted to get a braggable score on the 2nd arena but got bored at 160. Revenge is awesome with the new update. Also, I switched blizzard for time stop as blizzard only seems to affect movement speed, not attack speed. Could be wrong but time stop seems to work better.

10. 130393

130393 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    lol, its so funny.
    you can get over 1000 kills in 1st and 2nd arena, just put everyone a life stealing trink
    and go afk.

11. Kaydeeze

Kaydeeze New Member

Mar 1, 2011
    MikaMobile responded in another thread, said all items stack additively.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=83224

12. Swingfinger

Swingfinger New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    uh no..... I've tried that with level 37 characters and good gear and I die super fast even on the second arena.

13. Daemon

Daemon New Member

Mar 1, 2011
  14. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    He said that but then later mentioned that haste trinkets stack multiplicatively. So that makes me wonder if there were any other trinkets that he forgot to mention were out of the norm.

15. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    I have almost the same experience.

16. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
  17. Darquel

Darquel Member

Mar 4, 2011
    #17 Darquel, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
    From what I've been playing with..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bard + Wizard + Witch/Rogue + Knight for fast runs.
    Assuming all characters are 30+

================
    Skills:
    ================
    Bard - Stoicism (+50% to def buff), Song of Inspiration (cooldown reset), Healing Chords, Echo Renewal.
    Stoicism over Gusto because you'll be buffing the tanker so that he can survive longer and therefore your team survives longer. Song of Inspiration instead of War because cooldown reset will be more useful for the witch/wizard skills for crowd control.

Wizard - Blizzard, Enveloping flames (75% dmg to nearby targets), Conflagrate (inflame target 6 sec, damaging and disabling), Mage armour, Concussive Shockwave (meteor knocks down for 3 seconds)
    Blizzard because it's essentially timestop but for double the duration, Enveloping flames because it'll do more damage to large mobs, Conflagrate allows hard hitters or the skeleton healers to be disabled&damaged while you sift through other monsters (you can switch with thunderbolt if you can micromanage better), concussive shockwave increases survivability.

Knight - Intimidate (fear adjacent enemies), chivalry (+15% def), warcry (attracts mobs), sunder armour, Fortress
    Intimidate when overwhelmed and crowd-control characters' have skill cooldown.

Rogue - Expose weakness (+50% dmg to 1target), critical strikes, shadowstep, combat tactics, lethality(+40% dmg to sneak attack and shadowstep)/aggression(+10% power)
    If you have speed trinkets, then aggression will yield more damage (you may want to switch critical strikes with flurry for even faster attacks if this is the case). Otherwise Lethality.

Witch - Debilitate (reduce target atk), Piercing shadow(+15% dmg), Horror (fear), Terrifying presence, Crushing despair (+40% dmg to drain life)
    Debilitate for reducing the damage of hard hitters. Piercing shadow since the bard will be healing. Terrifying presence more likely than sudden doom, crushing despair same reason as above.

================
    Tactic:
    ================
    Bard buffs Knight for tankliness, both healing skills when anyone is less than 75%.
    Knight lures everything either via. Warcry or by meleeing the monsters to draw attention (except archers/bats) Use shield wall when getting hit hard. Intimidate if crowd control is cooling down skills and the knight is being overwhelmed.
    Wizard attacks mobs. Aim to hit the monster in the centre of a mob for splash damage. Meteor if large mobs can be targetted, Blizzard when overwhelmed/many monsters hop on map. Conflagrate tough enemies (blobs) or enemies harassing wizard/bard/witch.
    Rogue is DPS (Expose weakness >(wait until casted)> shadowstep > sneak attack). Defends non-melee (shadowstep > expose weakness > sneak attack).
    Bard reset cooldowns generally when (multiple) blobs are around (where wizard's blizzard will be especially useful, as well as witch's horror.)

If witch is used, acts as damage dealer/crowdcontrol. Debilitate blobs/cyborgs/monsters attacking bard/non-melee to reduce damage and/or couple with drain life (Debilitate>drain life) or Horror>Drain life when overwhelmed.

================
    Monster attacking preference: (assuming the knight will be luring most monsters)
    ================
    Bat on Bard > Blobs > Skeleton Healer > Bat on Wizard/Witch > Skeleton archer > Skeleton/Goblin mob > Cyborg​
    When tank is mobbed, concentrate attacks on one monster at a time.
    Anything on bard (which is essentially the healer) should be killed first. Any blobs should be top priority as they are relatively tanky and hurt quite a lot. Skeleton Healers are next (use a skill to kill them as they are low on health), followed by bats on Wizard/Witch since they aren't exactly tankers. Skeleton archers are next because of their damage and randomness in attack target, followed by the tanker's mob (less damage received in total if the mob is killed before the cyborg, plus kills come sooner in case things go downhill. Cyborgs are also slower .'. can maneuver around them better). Cyborgs last.

================
    Trinkets: (bolded is recommended)
    ================
    Bard: 2x Codex of Jabe = --12 sec cooldown, essential for healing skill
    Wizard: 2x Azamoth's Cursed Eyeball = +30% no cooldown, increases DPS, better crowd control in tight situations (when you can recast blizzard, conflagrate, meteor)
    Knight: 2x Phasing Lodestone = +40% negate attack, essentially increasing tankliness
    Rogue: 2x Ninja glove = +30 atk spd, DPS.
    ------ 2x Ancient Dragon Tooth = +30% critical strike chance, chance for good damage when coupled with expose weakness>shadowstep>sneak attack
    ------ 2x Codex of Jabe = --12 sec cooldown, 8sec cooldown sneak attack.
    Witch: 2x Azamoth's Cursed Eyeball = +30% no cooldown, RE: Wizard
    ------ 2x Ancient Dragon Tooth = +30% critical strike chance, chance for good damage when coupled with Horror/Debilitate + drain life.
    ------ 2x Codex of Jabe = --12 sec cooldown, 8sec cooldown for drain life

#################################

Bard + Wizard + Monk + Knight for safe (but slow) runs
    Same as prior party except...

Monk - Evasion(8sec invincible)/Ki blast (knockdown), Tiger Claw (15% crit), 1000 palms, Dragon style, Sweep the leg (windwalk slows foes 6sec)
    Evasion for more tanking, Ki blast as an assault/crowd control, sweep the leg for crowd control

================
    Tactic:
    ================
    Monk windwalks when overwhelmed (acts as lure+blizzard) followed by evasion/ki blast. 1000 palm tough enemies/monsters attacking bard.

Bard continues to buff Knight. (Monk has evasion, warcry is a more effective mob skill than wind walk)

================
    Trinkets for Monk:
    ================
    2x Phasing Lodestone = +40% negate attack, Tanking
    2x Azamoth's Cursed Eyeball = +30% no cooldown, increases DPS, better crowd control
    2x Ancient Dragon Tooth = +30% critical strike chance
    2x Ninja glove = +30 atk spd
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    98 kill high score on Doomville arena at the moment with ~Lv 40 average of characters.

18. johnberry

johnberry Active Member

Mar 8, 2011
    computer
    crazy

19. bigtfatty

bigtfatty New Member

Jul 10, 2011
    #19 bigtfatty, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
    Tier 9 Farming ~10mins to reach 70 kills

This set-up has not only given me the fastest farming for those top tier items, but also high score is 113 for when I felt like pushing the limit.

Bard(lvl33): Song of Vigor, Gusto, Song of War, Healing Chords, Echo of Renewal Trinkets: x2 Codex
    Monk(lvl32):Ki Blast(almost never used tho), Tiger Claw, 1000 Palms, Dragon Style, Sweep the Leg Trinkets: x2 Phasing Lodestone
    Rogue: Expose Weaknesses, Critical Strikes, Shadowstep, Pursuit, Lethality Trinkets: x2 Ancients Dragon Tooth
    Witch: Debilitate, Life Leech, Horror, Terrifying Presence, Crushing Despair Trinkets: x2 Cursed Eyeball

Strategy: Keep Bard buffing your Monk, which makes him a BEAST with 184PWR and 180ARM with 40% chance to not take damage. You're bard takes care of healing, being able to keep up party-wide regen with Vigor and whenever is needed (think 5/6 skele archer spawn), an 8 sec party heal that refills alot of your health bar. I like to save Drain Life for when I need the burst heal, and hopefully you get a couple of resets (I've had 8 in a row once). Use Horror when you need mass CC. Use Wind Walk to pull aggro on all monsters. Focus your targeting based on what the monsters are aggro'd on (assuming all "aggro"able monsters are on monk) Bard -> Witch -> Rogue -> Monk. The only things you really have to kite are red blobs. Bats/skeles fall pretty fast from the burst damage of the rogue(his skills can crit...x8dmg with shadowstep anyone?) and 1000palms from your badass monk. It takes alot of micromanaging and spamming of skills(cast Song of Vigor/War on CD) but you kill crap really fast and don't take enough damage to ever die until red blobs get strong enough to one hit nonMonks(~100 kill count).

20. Karner

Karner New Member

Jun 7, 2013
    I'v got all clases 30+ with top gear
    tried different team builds but best is Bard + Cleric + Rogue + Knight
    Barbarian also good but for getting top score ability to paralyze enemy is rly cool
    Also got bug with Frenzy when barbarian start missing with hits

My top score is 112. I believe its possible to do few more kills or even finish 1-2 waves but lots depends on spawns. With all i tried i can say this way is party fast even to get 70 kill runs
    i'v done also Bard+witch\wiz+tank+DD but it req lots of micro-control and part of time is wasted and its go slower

Cleric (shield-discipline-guardian angel-empowering words-desperate prayer)
    2x Codex of Jabe

Knight (Cleave-Chivalry-War Cry-Crippling Blows-Fortress)
    2x Codex of Jabe

Bard(Song Of Sanctuary - Gusto - Song of War - Enduring Hope - Vivace)
    2x Codex of Jabe

Rogue(Expose Weakness - Critical Strikes - Shadowstep - Combat Tactics - Agression)
    2х Ancient Dragon Tooth

Barbarian(Frenzy-Iron Skin- Savage Pounce - Precision Strikes - Dismemberment )
    2х Ancient Dragon Tooth

================
    Tactic:
    ================
    Bard buffs Rogue/Barb for Extra dmg output and skill cd
    Also you should spam both his bufs all the time. They will be up all time then

Cleric heals Knight all the time. If lots of archers spawn guardian angel and shield on Bard and just heal knight

Knight first ~80 mobs can tank anything except Red Slime. then just keep shield up all time and use War Cry and kite. Key thing to get good result - tank should have agro of all melee mobs. Better to waste few sec and not finish mob then get another one without War Cry rdy.

Rogue/Barbarian just kill all. Skeleton Healer > Skeleton archer > other. Try to not kill few mobs at same time on high score. there's no difference 2 or 3 mobs wil run for tank but resp of 2 Skeleton archer at same time can be problem. Or you can kill one -> waste warcry -> finish another and get problems with agro.

Actually tactics simply and effective. Most time you need to control only tank and DD (and use buffs on bard). This work rly good and you use all your chars on 100%