Universal Into the Dead - (by PikPok)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012.

1. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Great to hear.

In general people seem to shy away from tilt controls at first, which was reflected in our usability testing where the majority chose an alternate touchscreen control configuration. However, the majority actually ended gravitating back to and preferring the tilt controls. That's how most of us in the office play too.

2. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    my best score is 1750 for now,hope will be better:D

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I've ready committed to at least 6 games to instabuy today... This one included, and on top of my list.

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally, something truly fresh hits the endless runner genre again. Can't wait to check this out later.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Totally agree, i thought i was bored with endless runners but this looks really good, love the graphic style, seems a lot of fun. I'll be getting this later for sure and will probably buy one IAP for the dev to say 'thanks'

7. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Well, they do have a coin doubler IAP, and on the whole those tend to be more useful and less vilified than most others. ^_^

8. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
  9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just noticed that the icon looks nearly identical to z-day survival simulator. Nothing against the game just thought I'd mention it :)

10. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Definitely see the similarity. Hadn't heard of that game, thanks for pointing it out.

11. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    really like the look of this game. I will be checking it out... :)

12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #32 Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    Holy damn... This is amazing. The intense feeling of danger you get as zombies start piling up and staggering you more and more often... Damn.

One complaint though. The missions are just cruel at times. "Beat your highest distance without a kill"? Yeah... My longest run is longest for a reason, and not killing anything doesn't make it any easier. Still, so far I've just skipped that one.

13. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Watched the video and I didn't see even one zombie balance a hotdog on his head and what happened to all those delicious Oreo cookies....did those zombie eat them all again?

14. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Does this have online leaderboards?

15. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    As soon as I saw that one, I thought it was going to be a pain in the ass, and that I'd just have to buy my way past it. As it turns out, I managed to beat my longest run first time without even using a head start (which would have shaved a lot of time off), so I was happy about that.

In general, though, all "beat your best run" missions in games tend to do is encourage you to do badly at first so as not to make life unnecessarily difficult later on.

Yes.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Noticed there are ads in Sanuku's video. Is there any "Remove Ads" IAP?

17. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Not yet, but it will come in an update.

We have one update almost good to go, and the next update mostly planned. Just wanting to see some feedback first before we commit to everything in that.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Cool glad to hear, apart from those ads i'm loving the rest of what i see in this app. Thanks

19. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Great.

As for the ads, we actually have some interesting stuff planned there. We have integrated Kiip rewards into the game, so there is the opportunity to win coupons, discounts, and stuff. Which actually means you can get something tangible for playing. You can also get gifted additional ingame currency too.

In addition to that which happens on an ongoing basis, for US residents only, they are running a "25 days of Xmas" promotion where every day this month they are pushing premium rewards into a Kiip enabled game or app. This Sunday it will be the turn of our OREO game, and we have the same thing lined up for Slam Dunk King and Into the Dead later in the month.

Prizes include

- Assassins Creed III on PS3/360
    - Dark Knight Rises DVDs
    - The Amazing Spiderman DVDs
    - Amazon gift vouchers
    - AMC gift vouchers
    - Regal Cinemas vouchers
    - Kindle Paperwhites
    - Nerf guns
    - Jawbone JAMBOXs
    - SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoops

All you have to do is play. The more you play, the more likely you are to pick up a prize. I think they are planning on throwing some themed zombie stuff into the Into the Dead prize pool too.

Some pretty cool prizes there I think. You can keep an eye out for each daily app receiving premium rewards at http://www.facebook.com/Kiip

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This and Mutant Mudds are my only downloads tonight. Even tried (unsuccessfully) to create a NZ account for this.