Universal Blast-A-Way (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 29, 2012.

1. mindtrip

mindtrip New Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Need help with level 12 in Metal Mania

Okay, I admit, I need some help! I can't figure out how to blast the orange block on the high pedestal in such a way that the boxee does something other than just drop to the pedestal. Once it drops, the orange is blasted away and I can't get up there to rescue the boxee! Advice?

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Actually, there's nothing especially hard about that level. Perhaps there is an easier solution than what you are trying to do? There are a couple of banked shots, but nothing especially tricky.

3. christofferlindvall

christofferlindvall New Member

Aug 31, 2012
    3D Artist
    It's true, you cannot get up there! But you can push the little boxie down using a sticky bomb! Good luck, and don't forget to rebuild those broken green blocks!

/C

4. Marcus_

Marcus_ Active Member

May 21, 2011
    Sweden, Malmö
    I think that you will be able to make it. Many of the last levels look a bit harder than they are. One hint is to use a lot of zoom(pinching) aiming.
    We are talking about releasing some walkthroughs.

It is difficult to set the correct difficult level on a game. We wanted many people to enjoy the game that is why we made it easy in the beginning and more difficult in the end.

A undo would be one way to go.

5. christofferlindvall

christofferlindvall New Member

Aug 31, 2012
    3D Artist

Do not dispair! Here's the solution for you! SPOILER ALERT, this video shows the solution of level 5:7! Have fun!

6. Anidni

Anidni Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks!

Next trouble: 8...

:)

7. Anidni

Anidni Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Btw., Sway is one of my best-liked games for ios. And I play MANY. :)

Still desire for a 'Sway 2'.

8. garret44

garret44 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    More levels!!!!!

9. Marcus_

Marcus_ Active Member

May 21, 2011
    Sweden, Malmö
    iCloud support is out now.
    And I recommend testing the new version on iPhone 5. :)

10. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Wow a sale from illusion lab...

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Its really worth it paying 4€... Now its 1,59€... My advice? Get it now

12. ducksFANjason

ducksFANjason Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    E-Discovery data technician
    Southern California
    For the love of god someone PLEASE help me out with the solution for Plastic 15! It's driving me nuts and I'm SO close...

13. Doc Brown

Doc Brown New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    There's a guy on youtube who has made a number of walkthroughs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9scy2U5EIsk (SPOILER ALERT)

14. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Can anyone tell me how to get that little guy on the island on Fabric Fanatic Level 4.

15. ducksFANjason

Jun 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Sure! Using the yellow teleport ball, teleport to the small yellow island that is furthest away from the blue color changing veil. If you stand on that island now, throw the yellow teleport ball through the blue-color changing veil and into the blue portal. That should make the (now) blue teleport ball teleport you onto the same island as the "little guy". :D hope that helps!

16. ducksFANjason

Jun 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Oh thank god! Thanks so much for this! I had searched for walkthroughs 2 days ago and I saw these videos but there wasn't one for this level yet. Thanks again!

17. Anidni

Anidni Member

Sep 10, 2012
    All levels solved - apart from plastic paranoia 8.

I have no idea how to get through....

18. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Bit late to the party here but Christ, this is good, isn't it? Beaten world 1 with one Boxie missing, into world 2 and I'm really, really impressed. Slick, triple-A looking bite-size puzzling that makes me think of something Sony's internal teams might put together (like Echochrome). Touch controls get a little fiddly at times and the lack of a rewind is a bit of a frustrating omission, but other than that I've got no complaints so far. I'm sure I'll be screaming over later puzzles but in a good way. Brilliant stuff.

19. thayneq

thayneq Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I 100% disagree with the above statements about precision. I think you haven't yet found the most elegant solution and are instead making it more difficult than it really is. I have passed all Levels and got the gold trophy. I can repeatedly pass every level, including the last few on plastic, every time without needing extraordinary precision. There are indeed many solutions to the levels, some of which include shortcuts which are very hard. If you find yourself banking crazy shots off corners and spheres, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. Each solution is simple and elegent. Keep looking and think outside the box! Remember that sticky bombs can "throw" nearby objects. this is key to many levels.

Props to the level designer!

20. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    #140 stlredbird, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    Edit: figured it out