Monimals by Unseen-Studios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Unseen Studios, Mar 11, 2012.

1. rumpus

rumpus Active Member

Jul 18, 2012
    San Francisco, California
    Wow, this game looks great! Very true to the Pokemon-type model, and killer graphics too. When is the release? We know working with the App Store can be hard, so good luck with all that! :)

2. AIvin

AIvin Active Member

Sep 6, 2012
    just found out about this. love te art style so I can't wait for this to happen!

3. sandboxx

sandboxx Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    any updates on the game?

4. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Is this game still coming, there hasn't been any updates in while? :(

5. Unseen

Unseen Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Yes, the game is still in development. You do not need to fear cancellation. Please look forward to more information! (I can't tell you when exactly you will get more info, though.)

If you happen to have a deviantART acount, you can support us by joining our small group: http://monimals.deviantart.com/
    One more member and we have 55 watchers. That is 50% of 110, and there are 110 Monimals! We can probably reveal one or two new Monimals to celebrate it!

- Member of the team

6. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    The game is still coming, we are taking our time with it to make sure we can give everyone the best possible experience right out of the gate though.

Some updates:

We have over 50 unique tamers in the game that you will battle at various stages. We will be releasing a tamer teaser image very soon.

The focus for now as far as programming is concerned is to get the AI feeling good, I was always put off at how unchallenging these games seem to be for around 95% of the battles where as you could beat them with your eyes closed and blindly pressing buttons.
    We want to try and evolve that process and make battles a living, breathing thing.
    Enemy tamers will have moods and emotions, these will then have an impact on how they react in battle and can change dynamically during battles.
    For Example:
    An enemy tamer may start off the battle with a carefree attitude but after you kill two of his Monimals he may turn aggressive and use bigger/harder hitting moves but at the cost of leaving himself vulnerable to counter attack.
    Or that same carefree trainer could become caring and be extra protective of his/her remaining Monimals and focus on healing moves/potions/reviving.

We are looking to do more than just roll a random number generator to determine the battles.

We have also released a new Monimals Teaser:
    [​IMG]
    (Click the image for the full size image)

Let us know if you have a new favourite.

7. Vallkyr

Vallkyr Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Is there an eta on this game? Feels like its been in development for awhile so I was wondering if you knew how much longer.

8. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    i like towertle an pago best..

looks amazing this ! :)

9. sandboxx

Sep 18, 2011
    Thank you for the update!! I am very much loooking forward for this game. Do you have a date in which you think the game will be ready by?

10. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Yeah, thanks for the update. Really looking forward to this!

11. iosappsrock

iosappsrock Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Storyline please!

To the developers: One of the things I've always loved about Pokemon (indeed, what truly holds the games together) is the cheesy, yet "EPIC" storyline. You know, the lame-to-fame thing, where you become champion and all. :D

Also, the end-game stuff. Meaning, exploring and finding all the rare ancient Pokemon tucked away that you can only capture after beating the game. That added a massive amount of replay value to them...

Also, the "overworld" puzzle aspect. I hate puzzle RPG's - don't get that mixed up... But Pokemon had a great take on it, adding little bits of "puzzle" in there. I'm thinking Pokemon Ruby - there were so many things to unlock and explorer by solving these mini-puzzles in the game.

Anyway, game is looking great so far! I cannot wait to see where this goes.

Also, I beg of you, tell me this isn't going to be free-2-play. This must be a premium game. The dev can do whatever he wants, obviously, but if this is premium and has no IAPs, it's going to be so awesome!

12. Vallkyr

Vallkyr Member

Jul 29, 2012
    ^yeah what he/she said

13. iosappsrock

Oct 20, 2012
    He. :)

14. Vallkyr

Vallkyr Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Hah you can never be too careful

15. Unseen

Unseen Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Hi!

Unfortunately I can't tell you anything accurate about the release date.

The storyline will be different from your typical "Pokémon story", but it will indeed be a "lame-to-fame" story as you call it.

Monimals is NOT "freemium"/"free to play". We know you guys hate that, because we hate it too!

I think that is all I am allowed to tell you right now.

- Member of the team

16. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Thank You!

17. sandboxx

Sep 18, 2011
    That is fine thank you! I really like the quick response to our questions! I hope for more updates soon :)

18. iosappsrock

Oct 20, 2012
    YES! Best thing I've heard a game developer say in a long time. :D

Thank you for at least squashing my fear of overloaded IAPs. I am glad to hear this game will not be totally infected with them.

19. Unseen

Unseen Member

Oct 18, 2012
    You are welcome! ;)

20. Felix_Felicis

Felix_Felicis Member

Dec 20, 2011

Wow! Thanks for the update. That sounds like a brilliant way to make combat fresh. Some of my favorite combat from any video game, ever, was in the original (I think 1989) Jordan Mechner Prince of Persia. I loved it because even though combat was just a few buttons with no fancy moves at all, it was all about timing and proper reactions to the context of your environment. There was only one way to swing your sword, but all opponents could block and the simplest fights became intense. I love the idea of trainers have moods and reactions that you can analyze during the fight.

Still absolutely loving the art direction as well. I haven't thought about favorites, but I think the crab and little green bird are towards the top of my list. Great, simple, clean design. And they're new from the last time I checked this thread for updates.

Keep on trucking... we're expecting great things! :cool: Oh, and major props for not making the game FTP. A complete package sounds awesome.