Universal BADLAND - (by Frogmind)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

#521 hasio_john, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    IAPs??? Really? .... (The game already costs $3.99!!)
    Greed has killed one of the bet games on the store!
    Freemium is on the way in the next update!!
    FAIL ....

2. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    you know they didn't have to release ANY free updates for the game right? I think they've been quite generous. You got a heck of a lot of content for that initial $3.99. $.99 for a ten level pack is not unreasonable...:rolleyes:

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Totally disagree. Theres been lots of free updates with this game. They can't just keep on releasing free updates for ever. They need to make some money

Think it's bad the way some people expect tons of new levels for free for the next 20 years!

4. hasio_john

If u see the (latest) reviews on the appstore ..., you can easily understand the public feeling!! ;) Enough said!

5. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013

Ha! cheapskate!

I got this game for free and i wouldn't mind paying to show support ;)

6. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    yes, because the review section on the appstore is the place for level-headed opinions...:rolleyes:

7. hasio_john

No need to continue this! I said my opinion, you said yours ... and life goes on!! :)

8. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Seriously? I've just had the same argument with my sister in law, who didn't even pay for the game to start with!

The devs have worked hard on this game and have already given lots of high quality updates away for free. This latest update isn't part of the main game (of which they didn't have to give for free), it's extra levels FFS, they have worked hard and are charging the smallest price point, (it's easily worth more) now you have people moaning about having to pay a tiny amount for extra content and they should have it free? I can see greedy people alright but it ain't the devs.

This extra content does not affect the main day one and day two part of the game, if you don't want to pay for it then play the massive amount that's already included. But I personally would like to thank the devs for releasing extra levels, and thank them for their hard work of which I'm happy to support with a measly 99p. You know I'd even gift it to a couple of the gripers, but it's not possible.

9. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Must be a generation thing and if my boy stops by here he can chime in but I got this on day one and spent months 3 starring the levels. One of the hardest games I've ever played. I got well more than my monies worth. I bought it on day one (no pun intended too). I picked up the new levels straight away last week and have no problem dropping a pound (A POUND!) the developer's way for something that didn't exist when I initially bought the game. I just don't understand why anyone would expect them for nothing.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    New update today. Also has a message from the dev about incorporating the first IAP (for those levels) in the game. I think a fair few fans arent happy about it but as they explained it takes a lot of time to create new levels, we've already had a LOT for free (as this has been updated a lot) , i dont mind paying 69p for more levels.

Problem is in iOS land people buy an app and then expect constant levels created forever for their couple of dollars !

This is a great game, love the extra levels and new content, dont mind if i have to pay in the future for any additional levels. Its a quality game

11. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Right. New maps, levels, campaigns used to be called expansion packs not that long ago. Which you obviously paid money for, either via downloading or purchasing the physical cd/dvd expansion pack. Adding expansion packs via IAP are just the same. Consumables on the other hand is what is wrong with how IAP is being used by game devs in iOS land. And it's how consumables and IAP are being used by various game devs that has given the word IAP a really bad rep on the AppStore, on all fronts.

Anyway, absolutely nothing wrong done here. It's great that the Badland dudes charge money for proper expansion packs like this, since that might mean we being able to see more levels down the road, or a sequel, or a completely new creation/IP.

12. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #532 TheFrost, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
    The first thing I thought when I saw the new levels IAP was: finally, a chance to say thanks to the developers for 13 free content updates. And immediately bought it.

13. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    #533 NiceDude, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Thougt this was cool, worth sharing:
    Just learned about this upcoming PC platformer Team Indie and one of the playable characters is Badland's fluff-ball thing
    Learn more here: http://teamindie.bsgam.es
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Wow, completely forgot about the update and I had 10 levels to play! Absolutely FIENDISH puzzles in this! Edge of your seat hold your breath close calls and sliver pixel escapes! How the hell do they come up with this stuff? Such a great game.

15. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    New update out, do we really need iphone 6/plus for new effects? Or just A7 with IOS8?

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Good question.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just saw this and this is really cool.

18. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Is there a way to have/create a new save file?I would love to start this game from scratch again.

19. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    You could delete and reinstall?

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    The newest update adds 10 new levels that are free for a limited time so anyone who owns it should install it and buy the free IAP to reserve the levels.