Run Megan Run

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Plinan, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Plinan

Plinan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    #1 Plinan, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011

Run Megan Run is a prototype we started developing a couple weeks ago. It started as a fun idea of re-using the female model and animations already created for My Giants, and turning it into a platforming game for the iPhone/iPod. We spent some time on the side to put this together and we are quite happy with the way it turned out. :)

Here are a few development screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the development blog is here:
    http://www.pepwuper.com/category/run-megan-run/

And here's a quick demo to show you how the control and basic gameplay is currently setup :)

[​IMG]

In this demo, we’d like to show you the Reflex Mode in the game where you avoid obstacles by jumping over or sliding under them. There is no Game Over in this demo, just to show you the control and the basic gameplay. The idea is to increase difficulty over time – faster speed, different types of obstacles – as you get better and better at playing it.

Play Here: http://www.pepwuper.com/playable-update-a-practice-room-to-test-your-reflexes/

How to Play:

• Press the Space Bar to jump
    • Press Control to slide

Enjoy!

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

It does indeed look interesting. I am wondering what you will make out of it.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yay another run x run game. Tho the vid and pics look promising.

4. BrainFrame

BrainFrame Member

Sep 16, 2011
    iPhone Developer
    Canada
    Looks interesting. The web demo is visually quite nice already.

How do you like Unity? I currently just develop 2D games using Cocos2D, but am considering moving towards Unity in the future. One thing I'm worried about is asset development taking much much longer...

5. Plinan

Plinan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback guys! We'll make sure to make it stand out from the running game genre. We actually want it to be more like a traditional platformer than a running game :)

As for Unity, we love using it! But yeah with 3D there are a lot of art assets and work to do, and dealing with animations in the game can drive us insane sometimes... :p Great tool though, I highly recommend downloading the free version and give it a try!

6. rlaghdejr

rlaghdejr Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Looks interesting~

7. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Loving the look of things.
    It drives me mad that standing on one of the hurdles makes you fall.
    But it's a prototype, so who cares :D
    Obviously the environment doesn't fit megan, either, but it's a prototype so who cares - haha :D

Great work so far, guys !

8. Plinan

Plinan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Thanks guys! Yeah we definitely have a lot of work ahead of us before we can call this a game instead of a prototype :p

btw good job landing on the obstacles! You have mastered the game and won the internet! ;)