Games that i believe can easily be remade for itouch

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by K3sl3r, Aug 16, 2009.

1. K3sl3r

K3sl3r Member

Aug 16, 2009
    #1 K3sl3r, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
    I just got thinking when i realized none ofthese have been made for itouch(yet)
    and to me it seems they can easily be remade

Alien Hominid
    [​IMG]

Doom
    [​IMG]

Stick arena Online(remeber that online game where everybody hacked?)
    [​IMG]

METAL SLUG 3
    [​IMG]

hexic hd(XBLA)
    [​IMG]

philip muwanga's hexy trench
    [​IMG]

super mario
    [​IMG]

N(N+)
    [​IMG]

assault heros(XBLA)
    [​IMG]

I could also see a big oppurtunity for online developers like newgrounds or developers of xbla/psn games in the app gaming world

Great suggestions so far!
    Roller coaster tycoon - yes that would awsome but again how would they manage the whole creating ans saving maps?

Mortal combat classic - there are no real fighting games for itouch/phone and mc would be a great start. so would marvel vs capcom

Castle Crashers - I have no clue why this cant be done

Trackmania - the only problem is that its a HUGE game with many tracks and an editor

2. Muzic <3

Muzic <3 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Please not Stick Arena... I would LOVE to see N+ as it is one of my favorite XBLA games.

3. PacSun4dc

PacSun4dc Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Atlanta,GA
    mortal kombat classic for me could be made
    (p.s. i dont think nintendo would help out apple because competing them with the dsi,and if mario comes out, people gonna start buying itouches and iphones my opions)

4. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    its all about castle crashersss!!!!! oh god i dream big

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Trackmania!!! Trackmania!!! Traaaaackmaaaaaaniiiiaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

6. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    how about roller coaster tycoon. i used to play that for hours on end.

7. K3sl3r

K3sl3r Member

Aug 16, 2009
    dude yah that would be sick! but how would they do a map editor maps would have to take up memory and i dont think they can do that

8. K3sl3r

K3sl3r Member

Aug 16, 2009
    castle crashers could totally fly for me and as i said if newgrounds made apps they would probably take over sales

9. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    castle crashers and zoo tycoon *hint hint*

10. K3sl3r

K3sl3r Member

Aug 16, 2009
    any more ideas another 1 i think is geometry wars that has tons of potential there are tons out there like it but none of them are truly it

11. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I would love to see not only Metal Slug 3 but all of the Metal Slug games.

12. K3sl3r

K3sl3r Member

Aug 16, 2009
    yes but if they had to make 1 3 would be it cause i dont know about you but man 3 had to be the best

13. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I say that Chibi-robo would be great on the iDevice. The touch conrols and graphics fit almost perfectly.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Doom should be coming "soon" to the iDevice -- there are already several threads covering it.

On many of the others you mentioned, there's probably no technical reason why they are not being ported, but there's always the matter of exclusivity deals, development costs vs. returns (the dreaded $.99 price point), and basic brand issues (we'll never see a legal Super Mario on any platform except Nintendo's).

As long as we're fantasizing, though, there are two games that I would love to play on my iPhone -- if only to have access to them whenever I wanted.

Silent Hill 2
    [​IMG]
    The best of the series, and quite simply one of the best games (and best horror stories) ever made. With it's relatively slow pace and early-PS2 graphics, I see no reason why it couldn't be ported to the iDevice.

Deus Ex
    [​IMG]
    This is definitely a tricker one, since it's an FPS and they have not fared well in the iDevice platform (we'll see what happens with Modern Combat). Still, it's more of an adventure/RPG than a twitch-action game, and even if the game play were simplified, the story, characters, and, for lack of a better term, moral framework should still come through. (The graphics shouldn't be a problem, since the game is 9 years old and uses the original Unreal engine).

There's a strong argument to be made that developers should focus on created game that take advantage of the unique characteristics of the iDevice, instead of porting games developed for other platforms. Still, if handled correctly, the right port can add a lot to the iDevice platform (see, for example, The Secret of Monkey Island).

15. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I agree about 3 being the best but Metal Slug X still has a special place in my heart for some reason.

16. conman_16

conman_16 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Roseville, CA, USA
    Draw my thing

17. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    +1 to N+ and Hexic. Can't believe we don't have Hexic yet.

18. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    Warlords 1, 2, or 3

19. Maelick

Maelick Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Read Above
    Myrtle Beach, SC USA
    i want a real mmo....solution lunia. Havent seen it? check ijji.com. Game is fun on many level and could easily be transfered to iphone

20. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    fat princess on ps3! the controls would be easy to do since it only uses 4 buttons and an analogue stick