iPad Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Ah true :)

2. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #102 eev, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    animation of enemies actions is so fast that these stats popups are just f annoying and it seems there is no option to change it.

3. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #103 Madman100, Aug 4, 2011
    Haha. Why do you continue to post in the thread of a game you don't like or play. If this doesn't suit you, then find a game you do like.

In the case that you did buy this game and enjoy it but are just complaining of things you find annoying, then I apologize for my rudeness.

4. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I will soon have all the Final Fantasy Tactics. I love them all.

5. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #105 eev, Aug 4, 2011
    ok, it is possible to choose menu items by tapping if you turn it on in the battle options menu.

6. Badtz

Badtz Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    #106 Badtz, Aug 4, 2011
    To be honest, I am quite disappointed. Where is the retina display?

Everything is blurry, this can't be retina optimized. I am also getting an INCREDIBLY, UNBEARABLE, and ANNOYING amount of lag right before executing an attack. The amount of lag is minute but, it is a BIG thorn in my side.

In any case, I hope the iPad version is much better optimized.

7. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    People keep posting that they feel it is not really retina (optimized) and demanding or believing that there is an easy way to fix this in some update.

Is there any reason to believe that:
    A) it really does look terrible or some are nitpicking
    B) the Dev plans to have a graphical update because I don't believe any such "fix" was later applied to final fantasy 1,2,or3.

8. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Been saving my free itunes gift card prizes for this!

Can't wait. Come on 11pm! :D

9. Badtz

Badtz Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    It really does look terrible, especially when the game automatically zooms in to 120% during the first few battles. But don't take my word for it, buy it and decide for yourself.

10. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Can't you just zoom out to make it look 'less terrible'?

low res sprites look better zoomed out.

11. faehnlak

faehnlak Member

May 27, 2009
    I've sampled this game before?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

12. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    no offense but this is not a RTS - rts is real time strategy (games like Warcraft 2-3 , starcraft etc...

This a Tactical RPG - Final Fantasy tactics, Tactics Ogre etc...almost like a chess rpg in a way.

13. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #113 Delusionaltool, Aug 4, 2011
    low res sprites also look like crap when smoothed out just like on any console when there is that option, the 3d background and levels are all retina looking , the text is blurry and that could easily be fixed in a patch. but can you not read the text or is just fuzzy and annoys you ts not clear?

the screens look pretty clear and so does the text, is this because your zoomed in? the screens look just like the ps one graphics just optimized and it doesnt say retina anywhere on this so whoever said there was retina now that i read the synopsis it does not have it its just optimized for the device...perhaps retina will be added later...

the videos i watched on the front page the text is fine, i am so confused looks just like the psx game perfectly.

14. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I think my point stands, and your name does it justice.

15. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    One more hour.

16. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #116 Delusionaltool, Aug 4, 2011
    WOOT, this game will make you want to throw your device hahaha..very tough game good at playing rpgs or not the job system and it being tactical makes it much more challenging...if you play the job systems wrong and get to a certain point you will have to start over so think about that before changing your jobs... and if it allows you make 3 saves at least to fall back on...

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!:mad::D:mad::eek::D

17. zero144

zero144 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    #117 zero144, Aug 4, 2011
    Ive played for about 2 hrs now, here is what I see regarding the issues:

1. Some elements are retina (I believe the cutscenes are). The sprites (And maybe environments) are not retina. This by todays standards looks "bad" but no worse than the PSP version. Also redrawing all the sprites and environments for this game would not be feasible because a) People are already complaining about the delays and b) People are complaining about the cost. Updating the sprites would increase both of these.

2. The graphics don't look bad, this is how they've always looked and it feels right to play it in its full (kind of retro) version

3. Jobs, spells and equipment are essential to winning. Make sure you set up good job foundations as well as keeping up to date with your spell "purchases" and allocating these to your character's action slots. The newest equipment can also be the difference between life and death.

4. There are 15 Save slots

5. The text is definitely legible, but not retina.

For those about to start, keep this job tree in mind! It helps a lot (I still use it and I've beaten this game twice!) Happy FFTing! :D

Here (and attached): http://i53.tinypic.com/14bpbwk.jpg

Attached Files:

18. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Also note that if you have multiple people with the same job in your party, you get bonus JP :) Good for when you're leveling.

19. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    #119 gwet17, Aug 4, 2011
    Thank you all. I made a note on my device in which I'll copy/paste advice. :D

20. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Counting down the minutes
    15 to go!