Universal Pixel People - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Go to the town hall and hit the game settings which is the gear. Turn off iCloud there.

So much search and find. Is there a good way to keep track? I feel a little disorganized.

Echo7 where is the 'special' tab you were talking about?

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    If you see a pink when spliced that means new so switch around till you see pink

3. Patrick@Chillingo

Patrick@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    You can turn iCloud off by going on the settings menu inside the Town Center building.

4. Snakethesniper

Jul 5, 2012
    ok I found out that I can mix identical jobs and create a new one, lol

5. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    No there is a red number on the icon and an exclamation point on the building but the new hint takes a few minutes to show up. Even after clicking through.

But that kind of arrow is what I wish was on the people tab so we can scroll through them.

6. misecia

misecia New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    UK
    Was okay for a few hours but eventually gets really dull and repetitive - ready to delete it now. Also, the music is really really annoying, but at least you can turn it off. Needs more of a challenge.

7. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    There's not a lot of game in this game, however the devs have done a good job of keeping the pacing brisk so you don't have to wait long for something new to happen and it can keep you hooked for a good deal of time if you're sufficiently bored. The heart system is the stupidest thing about the game, needless interaction that could have been spiced up with a small mini-game instead of just holding a button.

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I like the heart system and they don't dissapear either so do it when you want. The upgrading cost gets pretty high.

9. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Yea heart system is pretty nice. Something to do while you wait for other stuff to get built.

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wow. I really did not think that I would enjoy this one... but damnit it's great. There's so much to do, I'm hardly ever just sitting there watching the game play out and waiting for things to finish. I went ahead and bought 50u's... but haven't used them yet. I am thinking of covering my town in Decor's so that I can lower the prices for expanding and what-not... but WOOHOO!!! I'm totally diggin it. THANK YOU CHILLINGO!

11. skinnyceps

skinnyceps New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    there is a way to play the same game on both iphone and on ipad?
    because even with iCloud does not work on iphone, load a new game

12. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    There's an in app purchase called double time. Does anyone know what it is and how to buy it?

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    What's ninja HQ and what building do you need to do iap as in buying specials not ut

14. Lcfr

Lcfr Member

Dec 16, 2012
    #114 Lcfr, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    You can turn sounds on and off in city hall.
    There is a cog icon on it.

-L.

15. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Probably unlocks if you mix a ninja. And I have yet to find the other building. Hoping it is one of the ones I have building now as they were jobs from the first page I overlooked.

Not sure if this is the best strategy -- trying to fill up all the buildings I have now and the occasional new job rather than go all out for new new new. I figure it could give me some serious coins this way and so far it is working out really well.

16. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    So what's the end goal? All I'm doing is combining, placing a new building, and then waiting. Rinse and repeat ad nauseam. Zero strategy and barely a game.

17. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Been splicing but I noticed something after I been doing that I can't select the jobs again so do I have to resplice the ones again to do that? If that's the case I'm gonna need alot of houses.

18. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    After a couple hours of playing, I'd say this game is more like Middle Manager of Justice than Tiny Tower or the infinite number of other time sims. Nothing has taken a horribly long time yet, and there is a more manageable end goal in sight.

I like it a lot. Definitely worth the free price (and would have been worth a buck or two).

19. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Do you mean if a job is required in more than one business? If so then yeah you have to resplice them.

I gotta say though, some of these combinations are HILARIOUS! So much fun! I really like my strategy of filling what I have so far - it's giving me lots of coins and the few that I do expand actually give me a goal of three or so more new jobs a time. The waits are not horrible, and the cost of expansion isn't too bad yet either. It's incredibly fun so far. I have been hit with a few events where I was given a new gene out of the blue which is really fun too - opens things up surprisingly a lot, as in lots new jobs available when this happens. Really a good motivator to keep on splicing!

20. dream

dream Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Yeah, iCloud isn't working for me either.