Universal FEZ Pocket Edition (by Polytron)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809, Dec 13, 2017.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Don’t see how it would be possible to play Fez with a gestural interface. Keep in mind that you have control of the character and the universe. The game uses horizontal swipes to change 3D perspective, which leaves few available gestures for moving, jumping, climbing, interacting, etc. The only way I see it working is if Polytron dramatically simplified the game design for mobile — which IMO would have been a bummer.

Given your tastes, it’s clear that some games are simply not for you on mobile. And, no offense, that makes mobile a richer platform.

2. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed 100% about on-screen buttons. I need them in my platformers and feel they work perfectly here.

Question though: Can someone help walk me through the map system? I'm about 25% through the game but the map still confuses me a bit. If I need to get to another area I've already played through to get shards/secrets/whatever, I need to either find a warp spot or trek all the way back through the various areas to get there, correct? There is no way to just tap on an area on the map screen and go there? What other tricks related to the map screen can you guys provide? So far I absolutely love this but the map I find to be the most confusing and easy to get lost in.

3. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    #43 Someon, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    I’m playing through this game for the first time, about 3 hours in and for now it seems going smooth. There is much more of a platformer to it, but there are some hints in background foreshadowing, and it seem it will get more complicated. Nevertheless, It is really enjoyable ride. Right now I’m very happy with it. I will definitely remember time I spent with this game as something special.
    but it should be played in portions.

edit:actually I was a little bit more than one hour into game, not three hours as I though. It is just that good
    I’m 2 hours in and it crashed twice (maybe because i was downloading something in background and my disk is almost full) so I will call it a day. Superb game. I wish i was rised on this.
    If I’m correct it shows 1/3 game done. Still smooth. It is forgivable through trials & errors. For now.

4. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Game Crashing

My game has been crashing every 2-3 minutes or so making it unplayable.

i do listen to music while i play but i just wanted to put this out there

5. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Truly amazing game! My only real gripe is that I think the virtual d-pad should be spread out a bit more, or rather there should be a toggle/layout option toward that end.

6. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Even with the updated version, I had to kill the app and then launch it again and enter my save file - only then did the map icon appear.

Thanks for letting me know it even exists though! Without the map quite hard to remember where you were... :)

7. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, my map disappeared too at one point after hours of playing the game without any problems. I had to quit and restart for the map icon to appear again. There's definitely something buggy going on with the map now and then.

8. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I have 20 cubes in total and got through the 16 cubes door. I managed this in about 2 hours of playing. The game shows that I'm almost 70% complete. But in the next area I'm now presented with a door that requires 32 cubes. I dunno - backtracking through all the levels to scavenge hunt what I've missed doesn't seem like a good time for me. I think I'm probably done as trying to decipher the language would still require that I keep backtracking. It was a fun 2 hours of gameplay though.

9. musk

musk Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Laussane
    I started playing it on PSVita, but never finished (don't blame me, I loved it, but I just had to stop playing). I might give this little boy a try (a little bit worried about virtual pad controllers, I always hate those). Damn, what a backlog; so many games I want to buy this Christmas...

10. OkyOky

OkyOky Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Amazing

This is an amazing game. The best experience could only be with MFI...

11. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    One thing that’s confusing me. I’ve just got the world map and during its explanation, Dot says that gold coloured nodes are nodes where you’ve collected all items and secrets.

At least half of the nodes on my map are gold and I’ve only just started playing. Anyone have any ideas about that? Cheers.

12. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The world map will only display areas near the points you have discovered and unlocked. You may well be seeing at least half of the nodes on the map as gold, but if you have just started playing, you are only seeing a tiny portion of the entire map.

13. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ok, thanks. I have so far only visited the beginning village. I spotted the gold ones the very first time I opened the map when Dot was explaining it.

14. driif

driif New Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Does anybody know how to enter codes on iOS?
    The tetris ones?
    I believe I am missing something but still haven’t figured it out. Any help appreciated! :p

15. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Is it worth playing repeatedly? Some users say they feel dizzy when playing.

16. jeepster2982

jeepster2982 Active Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Still no iPhone X support. What a joke.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Contact them to ask

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011