Street Fighter IV is another example of 1$ apps prejudice to quality

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by c0re, Feb 17, 2010.

1. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #1 c0re, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    [edited : because in fact I absolutely love to play this game during travels]

(initial post subject : 0.99$ price race to the bottom is preventing big studios to invest on iOS, as such a price can't cover higher production costs)

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I'm assuming you're talking about Street Fighter?

3. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oh yes sorry ... fanboy inside :(

I'll change the title immediately.

4. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Well, CAPCOM haven't made any decent iDevice game so far.

5. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    You also talked crap about blades of fury, why don't you carry on to work in making your fighting game great and let the people decide if it's better than SF.

6. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #6 c0re, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
    Where in the world am I talking crap about iPhone SFIV .............. ?
    I'm just pointing out proof that Capcom is not investing into it.

Please keep my work apart from this discussion, which has nothing to do with it.

7. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Wait, you develop games? No wonder...

8. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #8 c0re, Feb 17, 2010
    Trolling overload ...

Once again, devs opinions have nothing to deal with their work.
    Associating somebody's work with his opinion is a gross, prejudicable assumption.

Show a bit of respect please, thanks.

So if I develop a game, I don't have the right to give my opinion on other games because I'm predisposed to be biased ?

Come on, grow up. I posted a lot more opinions about other games, and positive ones.

And we are talking about Street Fighter IV here, not me.

9. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    To be honest, production values are the least of my worries about this game.

The two things that this game will need as far as I'm concerned are good controls and good framerate.

10. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009

Yes, absolutely, same for me ;)

I'm confident about controls and framerate.

11. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    About framerate, I'm, uh, not so much. Especially on my 2G. Although, CAPCOM managed to make RE4 lag free, so there's still hope.

12. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #12 c0re, Feb 17, 2010
    Well, actually, the only hungry resource will be the 2 fighters. Background is static (or a few images looping at most). ;)

By experience, I recreated the same conditions (2 x 3D fighters, 40 bones each, HUD and static BG) on 3G, and had 30 fps.

As 2G is faster than 3G, I'm confident.

13. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    Core you are so obvious. What are you complaining about again in your Op? The screenshot quality? You are digging for something to complain about while at the same time sugarcoating it by saying you are a fan! Man just wait for the game to hit the AppStore before elaborating your critic! Only someone like you can care enough to critic preview screenshot quality geez!

14. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #14 c0re, Feb 17, 2010
    Well, as nothing is binary, one can see some defaults without losing interest in it :rolleyes:

I just talked about technical hints about money investment ...

Conspiracy lover ? Please ...
    Should I put a screenshot of my XBox SFIV account Championship Points, to prove that I'm a fan of SFIV, and therefore that I can have as much high expectations about upcoming games as everybody else here ?

Well, it seems like devs are not welcomed to post their personal opinions about games in there.

Devs on one side, gamers on the other, is it ... ?
    Every time I'm (rarely) posting a critic about a game, I'm systematically being jumped at with discredit "because I'm making a game too".

Seems like it's time for me to close this account, then.

15. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    #15 SarcasticGamer, Feb 17, 2010
    You are criticizing a screenshot of a game! Who does that? And you are pressuming that capcom is not investing in this title even before it hits the AppStore based on that screenshot alone. Is it something a normal 'fan' will do? I won't question your motives but if the CEO of coke critics how pepsi markets their product would you say that he is not being biased? You did it with BOF too another fighting game.

16. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Yes, a normal fan can do that, just because he want Capcom to put something more than just a copy paste. Now don't believe me if you want, but I guess this is my brain & opinions, isn't it ? lol

Yes I did complain about another fighting game, Blades of Fury, just because I'm a goddamn fighting game fan.
    Which is why I decided to make mine too. Period.

Is it hard to imagine any theory in this way ?

Debate closed.

17. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    #17 SarcasticGamer, Feb 17, 2010
    And I assumed that a fighting game fan will be happy to welcome another fighting game to AppStore ;) not make an 'expose' that capcom is not investing enough based on some preview screenshots :)

18. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Hum, look at the 2 other threads about SFIV coming on iPhone : there are some SF fans that are not welcoming this iPhone port at all.

:-|

19. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    So you want to add a thread dedicated to' not welcoming this iPhone port?' Great!

20. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    @sarcastic
    he has every right to judge a game if he see's fit. he was pointing out a flaw that he noticed, whats wrong with that?