Universal Pinball Arcade - (by FarSight)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'd kickstart TZ for it, but I'm not sure how many times I'd kickstart just for one machine. If the kickstarter were to fund a bunch of different (and good) licensed tables, I'd be happier with that.

2. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Excuse me if this has been covered, I've not had time to scan every page, but is Black Rose ever likely to come to Pinball Arcade?

It's the one table I've enjoyed above all else, and it's very rare. Using the cannon and hitting those whirlpools.. what a joy!

3. bruab

bruab Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Dunno. I guess the nice thing about kickstarter is that all they really have to invest is a little time to make some pics and maybe a video. If people don't vote with their $$ then they don't have to commit to buying the licenses.

It sounds like Cirq Voltaire and Funhouse should be out soon - within a week or so.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    That game isn't the best, but it's still fun. I've enjoyed playing it whenever I see one. So, yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing that in PA. Seems like it should be doable - no licenses to deal with other than for the game itself. But given that it's not the most popular game out there I'm not sure how likely it is, or least not sure it would come any time soon. You could try requesting it on their Facebook page.

5. serienmörder

serienmörder Active Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Germany & France
  6. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    IT consultant and game developer
    Sweden
    I hope that the list is a prioritized list - Attack from Mars....!!! My old favorite table

7. GordLacey

GordLacey Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    It's an alphabetical list ;)

8. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    It says it's fixing the medieval madness flipper spacing...
    It's been about a year since I've played the actual machine but I recall it having VERY wide spacing. From what I understood many operators changed the flippers out because it was a little hard for the average player...

I may be remembering wrong but I find the version in this plays just fine and I want the games to be as close to the straight off the factory floor version of the original

9. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    You are remembering wrong. It's too wide compared to the original table.

10. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009

Not the first time for me! :)

11. bruab

bruab Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    OK, so Cirq Voltaire and Funhouse should be out by the end of the week.

12. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Oh no, the PA Versions generally are to easy compared to the real machines.
    Nice for beginners, but boring for experienced players.

13. panama chief

panama chief Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    Update is out. Gogogo!

14. haj

haj Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    It's getting only better!!:D

15. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Fantastic update. Everything is running perfectly fine. Like the new top plunger view and both new tables play great. Already deeply addicted again. Love this game!

16. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Insta buy.. Love this game to death!

17. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Every update, I have fewer things to complain about. The new camera angles are *perfect*, so is the updated digital display, and graphics and lighting are better on most tables. The physics feel like they've gotten a little smoother, they also feel a little slower, but I'm waiting to see if the ball has stopped phasing through the flippers now and then. Also, mother of crap, I think my settings are being saved!

It feels like these tables are getting rushed out and polished up later, but they are getting polished.

Next update is supposed to bring game center, so after that, the only thing I can ask for in a future update is a sensitivity slider for the nudging.

18. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Two more wonderful tables!!!

19. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    If I could own only one pinball sim, it would be Funhouse, and the version in Pinball Arcade is close to perfect.

Rudy's voice is hilarious, the same repeatable shots and combos from the original are here, and the physics are money.

Camera angles for the skill shots are not ideal, but that's a minor gripe. My complaint about the product, as a whole, still applies; the ball needs a visible shadow and/or reflection on the table surface to represent it realistically in the space (see Pinball HD).

Anyway, get this table, it's great. In fact, the other new table is good too, although it doesn't hold the same nostalgia factor for me.

Great job. Keep 'em coming FarSight! Black Knight would get my money, as would Addam's Family.

20. serienmörder

serienmörder Active Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Germany & France
    It is loading...

...and i hope it works with IOS 4.3.3 !!