Final Fantasy I or II

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by coralium, Aug 11, 2010.

1. coralium

coralium Active Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Student
    I'm looking to get one of them. Which should I get?

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I'd say 2. It has a really amazing storyline.

Or wait and see if they ever port 6.

3. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    1 for standard no frills rpg

2 for a more in depth story with a quirky leveling system

Or wait till Tactics is released later this year, which will be awesome.

4. jwei44

jwei44 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    High School Graduating
    California
    I like 1 because of the Dungeon of Time boss (Chronodia)

5. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    1 > you can choose your team member, standard level up system, a very old school RPG

2> a better storyline, but the leveling system is kind of awkward, and people keep dying lol

i only own 1 for iphone and i feel the control is very awful, but if you get used to it, it is still a great rpg to have on your idevices

6. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Both. Go and waste $16 on these gems.

7. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    I started with Final Fantasy 1 and eventually got Final Fantasy 2. They're both great and fun, but I liked the second one more because of the in-depth storyline.

8. coralium

coralium Active Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Student
    Thanks for the help!

9. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    Now is the time to get one of them. They're both on sale for $6.99 down from $8.99 ;)

10. So 1 is better with the level up system and 2 for the story...?

Hmm, hard choice >.<

11. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    2 has a pretty terribad leveling system

12. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I prefer 1, but maybe that's because I've put much, much more time into it than I have the second one. I also prefer the original leveling system since it makes managing your characters easier. Also, I can't even tell what I have to do in FFII yet, and from what I hear quest objectives get somewhat ambiguous at times.

If you can, though, just skip them and get Crimson Gem Saga. I'm having a ton of fun with that game so far.

13. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    1 - the first popular console RPG. You can't get much more classic than that

14. No one has actually said any specifics on this system!

15. Ashraam

Ashraam Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    France
    FF2 is 'better' than the first one because it's the only one FF with such a lvling system.

If you want a classic ff, just wait for FF5 or FF6 on Iphone.

16. What is this leveling system...?!

17. Karma_

Karma_ New Member

Jul 15, 2010
    #17 Karma_, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010

On the overworld and within dungeons, random encounters with enemies can be fought to improve each character's attributes.[4] Unlike the original Final Fantasy, players could not upgrade their characters' classes. The game is also one of the few games in the series to not use experience-based levels.

Instead, each character participating in battle develops depending on what actions they take. For instance, characters who use a particular type of weapon frequently will become more adept at wielding a weapon of that type, and will also increase in physical strength and accuracy. Attributes include hit points, magic points, magic power, stamina, strength, spirit, agility, intelligence, and evasion.

Players can also increase their ability to wield certain types of weapon, and repeated use in combat causes the ability to level up.[3][4] Hit points (HP) and magic points (MP) increase with their use; a character who takes a heavy amount of damage in a battle might earn an increase in maximum HP, while a character who uses a lot of MP during battle might increase their maximum MP.[4] This experience system had several unintended consequences that allowed characters to gain much more experience than intended, such as players having their characters attack each other and repeatedly cast spells, thus causing their HP and abilities to grow extensively.[3]

Final Fantasy II uses the same turn-based battle system seen in the original Final Fantasy, with battle parties consisting of up to four characters at a time. The game introduces a "back row" in battle, within which characters or enemies are immune to most physical attacks, but can be harmed with bows and magical attacks.[1]

18. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    That hurt my eyes reading the first sentence :(
    Add paragraphs :cool:

19. Fixed for Krollx.

And finally, thank you!
    That doesn't seem SO BAD. Hmm.
    *Checks purse*

20. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010