Game Dev Story $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by rann, May 1, 2011.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Anybody who doesn't have this NEEDS to buy it now.

2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    HSS is also $2.

3. Deltacows1

Deltacows1 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009

I came here ready to post this.

Seriously, this game's brilliant.

4. Ventara

Ventara Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Is it really that addicting? Anyways, for $1, I'd be willing to find out for myself. Bought.

5. Deltacows1

May 27, 2009

For the first few days, it won't let go of you. You'll be playing for hours.

6. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

yeah, definitely a must have game. especially at that price too. also pick up HSS if you haven't got that either. it's just as good. I'm currently having a lot of fun playing Pocket School Story 2 it's just as awesome as the previous Kairosoft games :)

7. Deltacows1

May 27, 2009

There's a school one?

8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Yes, there is. It's only available in the Japanese app store.

I'd assume he has access to a Japanese CC, app store account and knows how to read Japanese :)

Or he is using some OTHER way of getting it, but he would never, ever, ever do that....

9. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    ^ You can get access to the Japanese App Store with only a Japanese iTunes card. You don't actually need a CC to buy stuff off there.

10. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

#11 nicodemus82, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
    I got it off the Japanese app store along with Game Store Story. I did the same when HSS was first out. I don't like to wait for the English version...takes too long plus it helps with my learning of the language :)

and yes I use Japanese itunes gift cards that I get from my very good friends who live in Japan :)

EDIT: I've been posting here about the game if anyone is interested.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=91634

11. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    This game always gets tons of praise but I've always found the idea of a game development sim completely uninteresting. Was anyone else turned off by the premise of the game only to take the plunge and really enjoy it? I AM anticipating the release of Star Command however and know that will be a day one purchase for me.

12. Ventara

Ventara Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    As someone who was found the idea uninteresting, and yet decided to take the plunge, here's what I though.

This game is like crack. It made me play for 5 hours straight. It starts off slow, but once you get into the rhythm of the game, you just want to keep going. I am now trying to save up enough to build my own console. And I hear you can hire a monkey and a bear (I've already hired Steve Jobs and a masked fighter).

Seriously, get this! Unless you're worried you might become too addicted, because that would actually be a valid excuse for this game. It's that addicting.

13. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    That's all I needed to hear. Thanks!

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  15. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Im thinkin its in preperation for Grand Prix Story. At least I hope it is! =)

16. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    one of the first ios games i actually finished.. i mean, there is no actual "end" to this game.. but i got to the point where everything was pretty much maxed out and i reached every goal.

anyway, i finished everything it in like 2 days and i literally could not put this game down. really, that's how addictive this game is. this game is brilliant.

17. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    --"Pocket Academy" Launch Sale: 75% OFF!--

:(

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    PA Was released couple of weeks ago already. Really might be to fool people to think is for Pocket Academy ;)

19. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    I stayed up to play this game when i first got it!
    don't miss this :D