Universal Subway Surfers (By Kiloo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Hehe, nice find.

2. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Hiya. Yeah it started working again.

Also about the crashes... Well i suppose they are more frequent when going back to the game's main menu after completing a game.

Interesting enough i haven't really goten anymore crashes since making that post though.

I have a bunch of crash logs though, but i'm on an ipad. If you're interested... I guess i can copy and then paste the info into a pm. Hopefully the text won't mess up.

3. Alxgriffin

Alxgriffin New Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Installing on 2nd Device

Hi there! I've been playing SS for months on my iPhone (LOVE it) and just installed it today on my new iPad. I see my high score is there but my coins, missions and power ups are gone. I'm up to mission 147!!! Is there any way of updating it or am I stuck playing it just on my phone? Thanks for your help!

4. Bravo Two

Bravo Two Well-Known Member

You can see your high score since it is saved with your Game Center or Facebook account, but the rest of the game data is saved in your local device, which means cross-device gaming is not available yet.

5. panama chief

panama chief Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    i dont understand why the freezing/gamecenter issue still hasnt been fixed! now my kids are encountering it. they love this game, but only get to play it away from home. no one wants to have to log out of gamecenter or go into airplane mode for one game....cmon.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is the reason i gave less and less attention to this game.

7. Bravo Two

Folks, the developers have been trying everything they can to deal with this issue. It appears to be a more complicated issue than most of you would have thought of. According to Jeppe, they have carried out extensive testing on every device and have done quality assurance, and they are constantly improving the game. It would be really helpful if you can provide more details as to when and how those freezing occur so that they would have a better chance of fixing it.

8. Bravo Two

Subway Surfers World Tour: New York City

I used to play Subway Surfers in NYC subway, now I can finally surf the NYC subway.

IMG_5765_0.jpg
    I disagree.​

The update is nice and it brings back a lot of good memories, but it is still lagging hard.

I remembered as I crossed the Manhattan Bridge, the phone received signal from cell towers and tried to establish as many connections as possible and caused crazy lags. Poor connection is an issue.

Now I am playing with wifi and it still lags. I need to upgrade my iPhone, now.

9. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Great update! NYC baby! Breaks my heart that all these great themes are temporary! But all good things must be consumed with moderation I suppose. :p

Hit 600K without a problem. So far so good. :)

10. Swiftshark

Swiftshark Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Just wanted to chime in to state that the same achievements are frozen with me as well. For months and three or so updates now. I'm at 2.3 mill and have all but given up on these GC achievements.

11. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

Hi! Sorry for your experience, rest assure that we are also very frustrated about the situation. It would help us tremendously, if you could write what device you have, iOS version, whether you use GC or Facebook and how many friends you approximately add to the game's highscore list. It's also important to know if you are playing on Wi-Fi or not.

We will continue to improve this, but are getting satisfying performance results when we do our own quality assurance. There's definitely a change once the update is live.

12. LudoPantsman

LudoPantsman Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Hi Kiloo. I also have a problem with Game Center achievements. The following ones have been stuck for at least 3 months...
    Alignment - Complete 2 missions in one run.
    This one I've done a number of times - I tried completing three missions in one one but the achievement is still suck at 50%.

We got a Winner - Win a Mystery Box prize worth 5000 or more.
    This one just won't unlock, I've been lucky enough to win 100K twice on mystery boxes and it hasn't unlocked.

We Come in Peace - Unlock Yutani
    I bought a ton of mystery boxes for this guy and the achievement stopped at 23%.

I'm not sure why these achievements have frozen for me or if I can do anything about it.
    If there is any possible solution please let me know!

13. Kiloo_Jeppe

I've asked the development team to go through all the achievements for the next update, so hopefully that should take care of the bugs. Thanks for reporting!

14. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Is there any way you can keep these themes in the game and make them selectable?

It would be great.

If the goal is to avoid a large download size, maybe make them downloadable after the fact?

I really enjoyed the Christmas theme and it was gone too fast.

15. Kiloo_Jeppe

That's a nice suggestion and our main concern was, just as you say, file download size. You are not the first to request this and I will talk it over with the design team. I can however promise you that the Christmas theme will be back :D

16. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    I've been keeping my fingers crossed since the first themed update! hah

Subway Surfers can have 2GB of my phone storage space as long as I can download all those sweet themes. :p

17. LudoPantsman

LudoPantsman Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Thanks so much for your reply. I'll try them again when the next update arrives.

18. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    #538 Drummerboycroy, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    ^THIS!^ +1

The NYC theme is AWESOME, and I am already not wanting to see it go!

Edit: Hey Jeppe, I just accidentally discovered something I'd LOVE to see in SS. I ended up playing without the music (don't ask, not a huge deal, the first and likely last time it will happen), and I LOVED it! Is there a way you guys could separate the music and FX? I love the music, but it was honestly a completely different game w/o it! Better yet, any chance of allowing players to play their own music?

DBC

19. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Would it possible to make it so people can't poke you unless you haven't played for 24 hours or something? I have this one friend who keeps poking me mere hours after I just got done playing. It's a very minor annoyance, but I think it would be a nice addition. Also, any chance of a push notification when the daily challenge is ready? I sometimes forget...

20. Kiloo_Jeppe

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. Should be possible with the poke feature, but will have to look at our current system.

The daily challenge suggestion is a great idea, I'll talk to our design team!