Roller Coaster Tycoon (By Atari)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Well maybe they will port the one on 3DS or did they ever say what is getting ported

2. #42 Hoggy110, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    Well, Atari has filed for bankruptcy, I hope this doesn't mean this game has been cancelled

I do hope the Rollercoaster Tycoon series goes somewhere good....perhaps Frontier could pick it up and sell it under Lucasarts, as they did with Thrillville

3. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I hope they continue on with the game. I loved this one.

4. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Hurry.... I want to make my peeps barf all over my park :D

5. Teremei

Teremei Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    I forget where I saw it but on one of the game pages on a game website it mentioned it will be the 3DS game (which sucks balls) playable on IOS. Which is the worst possible outcome.

6. ckwildcat

ckwildcat New Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Burbs of Cleveland, Ohio
    For me, worst possible outcome is for the game to never appear in the App Store! Every Wednesday what's coming tonight post and Thursday morning without a surprise release is a disappointment without this game.

7. ckwildcat

ckwildcat New Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Burbs of Cleveland, Ohio
    They've filed for Chapter 11 (reorganization) and not Chapter 7 (liquidation), so it shouldn't affect release of this game (in theory). The timing might get thrown off though.

8. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Wow, I really hope that's not the case. I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon for the PC a decade ago. It would be a shame if it is just the 3DS game. Definitely wouldn't buy that.

9. BrandonH.

BrandonH. Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Texas
    Our computers from a decade ago could run this game with just 512 mb.. an i4s has that amount and an i5 has 1gb which is plenty enough. They can optimize it if needed to make it run smooth on the 4s. I hope it's not a 3ds version as well.

10. Frankdj

Frankdj Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Announced half a year ago, hurry up a little Atari!

11. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Good news? Atari constantly nerfs their ios apps. Just look at Atari Arcade.

12. hardA TOEnail

hardA TOEnail Member

Oct 31, 2012
    The requirements for RC1 when it came out were probably about 64mb of ram lol.

Sadly, I doubt they release the original for iOS. I can't see it working well on the small screen iPhones. Even iPad would struggle with all the tiny icons that were in RC1

13. eddhigham

eddhigham Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Is this for iPhone? What date is it released?

14. The only thing we know is that they are making it, and there releasing it sometime in Q1....so (hopefully) in the next few weeks

15. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    #55 Borgqueenx, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    i hope soon.......and that it will be the original game with all expensions. not a 3ds version or new game build up ground. im sure they can make a nice GUI for using all the options.

EDIT: seems they didnt keep their december date for dungeons and dragons....this pretty much means RCT wont be released this month.

16. Frankdj

Frankdj Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Let's just hope they didn't kill the project at all...

17. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Someone from a newspaper company should ask atari why they did not meet their release dates. Maybe this can give us some intel.
    Was to good to be true anyway.

18. gamepat

gamepat New Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Oh god, please don't screw this one up with freemium timers and similar annoyances. I would gladly pay a premium price for this game if it's done well. RCT1 was one of my favorite games back then and I was wondering already, why there was never a iOS version.

Definitely looking forward to this one and hoping it will live up to the Quality of the original game. But if it has wait timers that stop me from playing, I will be pissed.

19. rajul13.07

rajul13.07 Active Member

Oct 1, 2012
  20. #60 Hoggy110, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013