What ever happened to Tiny Trek?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bloodangel, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    wasnt this meant to have been out last year?

Not heard anything about it for a long time

2. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    The last I heard, the developers had until the end of 2014 to release Tiny Trek, or they would lose their rights to the name. So if the game's ever released, it would be under a different name. I'm getting this from a September 2014 Pocket Tactics post. That's the last I remember reading about Tiny Trek, and just re-read that post to be sure.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Was that just for iOS? The PC version is available on Steam Early Access and a few other places...

4. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Per the Kickstarter page, still getting built and in earlier beta for PC. Unknown when iOS version will be out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2064021040/tiny-trek/comments

5. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Yeah I gave the guy 300 bucks. I talked to him first. I really wanted to help someone out who was putting out a Mac game. So I helped him, I asked and he told me he was going to be releasing a Mac version every time he released a Windows version. Because the building software he and his team built could do cross platform like nothing. (Fusion). Anyway, I told him to make a reward their and I'll chuck him the money, and the only request I had was a Mac version to follow along. He made the tier, promised me it would be on Mac, even told me I could play with a copy of Fusion made for Mac. Anyway, I sent him the money.... There hasn't been a single Mac version, the instal he gave me for fusion that was for Mac wouldn't get pass the, improper product key screen, the product key he sent didn't work.

His answer when I msged? Oh the website says no Mac yet, which I replied I know but you said you had the capabilities (I get told oh it fell through). I asked about the software and why he didn't give me a working product key, he tells me: "I told you the Mac version was in beta and may not work". Huh? That's just the installer, why doesn't it work? I told him I would buy a license if I had to just to use the Mac software, he told me "ya try that maybe it will work in the installer and if it doesn't maybe I can talk the guys here into letting you use it for Mac after you use the Windows version for ahwile. ". Um what? What does that mean? Needless to say I didn't buy it. I have been disenchanted by kickstarter cause of this liar. It's really gross. People are getting annoyed with the amount of time it's taking... I haven't got anything for my backing hehheh.

Kickstarter should implement a milestone system where they only get parts of the money when certain milestones are met because allt of these guys get that money and then because they are paid up front loligag and screw around because there's no repercussions to doing that. I'd hate to think what would happen if you did that to a real investor with a real business.

Oh, don't get me wrong... The Trese Brothers did a good job, went over their projected time but that's because they were doing more then one project at a time. (Again milestone system would rule, maybe have five milestones and each milestone they get 20% if what they said would happen does, who would decide this? Majority vote by the pledgers which would mean every single on of those guys doing the projects would have to be a sweetheart to their backers or goodbye money, that's the way to do it)

Also the guy who did rimworld did a good job and did what he said he would. At least pertaining to me. Anyways, tiny trek guy is a ripoff artist. I dislike him. Like I said I'm not using kickstarter anymore.... Anyone else like my idea of milestones? Oh we are coming up to our third milestone, let's put up a quick video explaining why we didn't get done what we said and hope it's okay with our pledgers! Or we lose the rest of the dough which the gets sent back (obviously you get a percent back, the percentage that's left lol)

Anyway, sorry I went off, I'm just sad I got nothing for 300 bucks after promises, I even have all emails and mags still lol. His name is Chris Carson and the last time he responded to me was April 2014.... Stay away from kickstarter sorry.... Is there one with milestones? I like the idea of helping people out. Some guys really need it and want to use it to get us a great product.., .sigh.