Spellsword - Epic Hack N Slah Survival [Everplay]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Everplay, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Hey everyone! We are setting the release date for April 26th! Woot. Only 17 more days. :)

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Instant buy when it releases :)

3. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Good to hear it is coming so soon.

4. CodyDeluxe

CodyDeluxe Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    Nice, cant wait to try this game out!

5. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Will the game support 2nd gens?

6. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    The game has not been tested on 2nd Gen devices, but they likely will be supported.

7. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Awesome :)
    If you need a tester, let me know :3

8. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    With Spellsword coming in only a few weeks, we are already hard at work on future updates. New worlds, enemies, and items are coming first.

9. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Great to hear about updates:) . Your game is great. I've been on the move a lot and finances have been tight lately so I didn't have much time to get back to you in the beta. I thought it was great, though the character moves around a little slower than I though ( though his maneuverability when you double jump and backflip is good). Also you're really dependent upon the spellcards more than the sword itself, at least before upgrades, which is opposite to what I expected but makes sense. I came into it expecting an arena platforming brawler when really you tweaked the crate/ muffin mechanic from Super Crate Box/ Muffin Knight.

10. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Thanks Arta! We are hoping to bring a special game with familiar characteristics so that players can enjoy themselves.

We understand the comparison to an arena game like Super Crate Box, but we definitely feel we have a unique experience with the missions, the unlockables, and the enemies that actually come after you rather than jump into a flaming pit of doom at the bottom of the screen. :D

11. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    NUUU ur playign SCB WRONG THEN... but anyways if its like SCB INSTABUY

12. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Then I hope you'll enjoy it. The biggest differences are the upgrades and such, but many of the testers make the comparison, so hopefully that is a good thing.

13. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    yay are u gonna send out promo codes to promote your game? Cause i hoping for one :D

14. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    As it is now with the latest update I got, I think it's ready for primetime. Still, nice to see it's gonna be here in about two weeks.

15. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
  16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This is more addicting than SCB :p Less addicting than Scorched Monsters, but definitely more addicting than SCB.

17. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    o_O .... Yes, sorry we couldn't compete with the glory that is Scorched Monsters. We will try much harder next time to reach such a level of excellence. :)

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I hope that wasn't sarcasm cause that game is really unknown but still an amazing game... :p This one is an awesome game too and beats Mk and SCB easily so I'm sorry if I came to praise another game here while praising this :p Was just to give perspective of how good this is :)

19. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Lol. Well, we haven't played it... Just read the update description - "Added Moving Monsters." Found this amusing, but if its an awesome game, then great for them! We will give it a try.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    2 days after my birthday. w00t!